The one musician you want to sit down and have a beer with?

SnowStorm

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pepper Keenan (Corrosion Of Conformity. DOWN) . Pepper shares some other common intrests of mine (old muscle cars. renovationg houses. Old bikes) . Seems like a regular guy. Not a "rock star" . Just a Southern guy who likes to play.

I get to meet him Friday Night. My broe bought my wife & I V.I.P. tix to see Down in Memphis TN. Get to do the meet & greet & watch them sound check. Gonna take the front panel out of one of my plexi head shells & have Kirk & Pepper autograph it.

• Members

Ive been fortunate to have been able to have a drink and/or hang with a bunch of great well known musicians as well as many of the fine members of this forum( so many at this point , Im not sure that I can remember all of them!!)

Right off the bat;

Elvis

Any of the Beatles

Jimi

Gary Moore

and a whole bunch more

Guys here

Isvoid

Murdoch

Sheik

Miter Gauge

KCtigerCheif

Dropped2C

and whole bunch more of you whackos that I havent met yet and Ive seriously met ALOT of you!!

Kage

• Members

Ive been fortunate to have been able to have a drink and/or hang with a bunch of great well known musicians as well as many of the fine members of this forum( so many at this point , Im not sure that I can remember all of them!!)

Right off the bat;

Elvis

Any of the Beatles

Jimi

Gary Moore

and a whole bunch more

Guys here

Isvoid

Murdoch

Sheik

Miter Gauge

KCtigerCheif

Dropped2C

and whole bunch more of you whackos that I havent met yet and Ive seriously met ALOT of you!!

Kage

Likewise brother! I'm trying to get up there this year! I'll let you know as I get more details!

• Members

Didn't get to jam with him, but I've had drinks and hung out with Andy on two separate occasions. Nicest, coolest, most egoless cat in the world.
:thu:

I'm jealous :( Easily my biggest guitar hero the past couple few years...Really, ever since I heard him for the first time.

• Members

Honestly, any body who's not a jackass.. I've met some of my favorite players and hung out with them.. I don't get star struck and I don't look up to really any musician or person anymore. They aren't any different than me.. Just have a different job.. So when they are a jackass, then {censored} off, just like anyone who isn't cool. And I've met a couple guys who met that criteria.. Lol. If they hang out without that rock star arrogance then it's all good..

• Members

Right off the bat;

Elvis

Any of the Beatles

Jimi

Gary Moore

and a whole bunch more

Guys here

Isvoid

Murdoch

Sheik

Miter Gauge

KCtigerCheif

Dropped2C

Kage

At first I was like dang, Kage doesn't want to have that scotch with me...

then I reread what you wrote :lol::facepalm:

I guess drinking and partying until 5am or whatever unGodly hour the LI express started running again counts :D

I was up all night the past 2 nights with a work project and teething kiddo.

• Members

I'm jealous
:(
Easily my biggest guitar hero the past couple few years...Really, ever since I heard him for the first time.

I'll tell you how cool he is; after a double-bill clinic he did with Shawn Lane here in '93 IIRC (just about the sickest {censored}ing clinic I've ever witnessed, btw!), his plane didn't leave until the next morning and he was asking us if there was anything to do around here. We told him about a buddy's band (dude is also an awesome guitarist, albeit still not in Andy's league!) that was playing out at the beach and said we'd pick him up and take him to a nice restaurant out there and go check out the show. He agreed and we all rode out there and had a great time. He got onstage with my buddy's band and played like 5 KISS songs with them! :lol: Needless to say, I've been a HUGE fan ever since!

Then, a couple of years later at one of the EPIC annual Thoroughbred Music Guitar Shows in Clearwater where he'd always show up repping Mesa, he remembered us and invited us to go with him to an after-party gig at a local club in Tampa where he introduced us to Ace Frehley, Slash, Robin Zander & Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick and hung out with us the whole night. I've bumped into him at a couple of clinics and at the '08 NAMM show since then, and he always remembers us and STILL thanks us for taking him out years ago! Dude's just a genuinely nice guy on top of being one of the absolute baddest mofos on the planet.

• Members

I'll tell you how cool he is; after a double-bill clinic he did with Shawn Lane here in '93 IIRC (just about the sickest {censored}ing clinic I've ever witnessed, btw!), his plane didn't leave until the next morning and he was asking us if there was anything to do around here. We told him about a buddy's band (dude is also an awesome guitarist, albeit still not in Andy's league!) that was playing out at the beach and said we'd pick him up and take him to a nice restaurant out there and go check out the show. He agreed and we all rode out there and had a great time. He got onstage with my buddy's band and played like 5 KISS songs with them!
:lol:
Needless to say, I've been a HUGE fan ever since!

Then, a couple of years later at one of the EPIC annual Thoroughbred Music Guitar Shows in Clearwater where he'd always show up repping Mesa, he remembered us and invited us to go with him to an after-party gig at a local club in Tampa where he introduced us to Ace Frehley, Slash, Robin Zander & Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick and hung out with us the whole night. I've bumped into him at a couple of clinics and at the '08 NAMM show since then, and he always remembers us and STILL thanks us for taking him out years ago! Dude's just a genuinely nice guy on top of being one of the absolute baddest mofos on the planet.

I'll live vicariously through you then :lol:

He does seem like a genuine dude who is very humble. And I have an immense amount of respect for that. Which is also one of the reasons he's one of my "guitar heros" :)

• Members

At first I was like dang, Kage doesn't want to have that scotch with me...

then I reread what you wrote
:lol::facepalm:

I guess drinking and partying until 5am or whatever unGodly hour the LI express started running again counts
:D

I was up all night the past 2 nights with a work project and teething kiddo.

Hell Yeah Dave, youre ma boy, you know that. I didnt include any of the guys that Ive already hung with and that night that you and the mrs,Tommy and Kass came out to my gig was friggin EPIC!!!!

• Members

Right off the bat;

Elvis

Any of the Beatles

Jimi

Gary Moore

and a whole bunch more

Guys here

Isvoid

Murdoch

Sheik

Miter Gauge

KCtigerCheif

Dropped2C

Kage

some day brother, some day :thu:

Archived