The one musician you want to sit down and have a beer with?

SnowStorm

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kind of forgot about this, but I actually did get to hang out with Danny Carey back in 2003. Worked a drum clinic he did here in KC. Setup his sound, etc...After his sound check (which was by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen, btw...) we had dinner catered, and there was about 5 of us just chilling with him and his mother (He's from a town about an hour away from where this was at)...He was very quiet and reserved at first, but a very nice guy once you got him to open up a bit. Loved talking about music, and appreciated the people who respected him.

He's also a HUGE guy...Gotta be 6'4" or 6'5" and much bigger than he looks.

• Members

Just remembered a few others..
RichardCouch( how could I forget that guy!!!)
Doublebarrel
Jenksdrummer
HottKarl
Mattacaster and PlayboyChris
Jnurp( the guy works 15min from me all these years and weve never hung out)
Justcrash
Laura
Fly135
Savoldi
BrendanO
SenorForum
Stratotone
Jerevil

more will come to me....

• Members

Alex Lifeson. When I am honest with myself, I realie his playing on the early Rush albums had more impact on me as a young player than any other person. Plus, he seems like a cool guy.

Definitely this.

I've always loved Alex's playing. Gotta watch out for a bar fight if you take Alex out though.

• Members

My second choice would be Pepper Keenan. He just seems like a cool dude to be at a bar with.

Yes.

Also, Billy F. Gibbons. I'd want to go to whatever mexican joint he picked and have awesome food and drink and just listen to stories about how kick ass he is.

• Members
Best answer of the thread so far. Hell, if there's beer involved, I would sit down with Justin Bieber, Trademark, Design the Skyline, and John Mayer. Especially now that John apparently can't talk.

that's a great point.

I'd love to have a beer with Mayer now. See how many times I can kick him in the balls before he had to say something.

can you imagine if you were the sole person responsible for permanently ruining his voice? :lol:

My body is a Wonderland, John and your voice is a ghost town.

• Members

As for forumites, hell, I wanna get drunk with everybody!

The guys I know I'd really have a great time with:

Billy

Izzy

Brolando

Justin

Murdoch

Dolf (we started having a drink once, then I had to {censored}ing leave to go to work! :mad:)

Billy V.M. (see Dolf, above :o)

KAGE (mother{censored}er, we WILL get pissed one day!)

Raf (met him briefly, seriously need to pick that one up again with bong hits & booze one day soon!)

Ricky Brobby

KC

Draelyc (the ensuing drunken political debate would be HILARIOUS! :lol:)

Broslinger (at a Cougar Hunter show!)

Lupe

PVImpact

Laura

BrendanO 'n' Shea (they're like conjoined twins, aren't they?)

etc., {censored}... like I said, let's ALL get fit-shaced!

Archived