Queensryche dump Tate for new singer

Mesa/Kramer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So what did you tell the drummer after he asked for the discount on the magazine?

Truth? I stared at him in disbelief, gave him 5% off, took his money, and then just walked away.

Funny thing is that Matt Cameron came in not long afters. It was about a week after Soundgarden broke up. When I realized who it was, I smiled and said, "Hey Matt! What's new?" He could have gone on all rock star (it was kind of a mean thing to say) but instead he smiled and said, "Oh, you know. The usual rock and roll {censored}." He then talked to me for like 30 minutes and, every time he needed something for his new project or studio, always came back and made sure we talked a bit.

Cameron is 10x the drummer Rockenfiled is and 100x the human being. :thu:

• Members

Truth? I stared at him in disbelief, gave him 5% off, took his money, and then just walked away.

Funny thing is that Matt Cameron came in not long afters. It was about a week after Soundgarden broke up. When I realized who it was, I smiled and said, "Hey Matt! What's new?" He could have gone on all rock star (it was kind of a mean thing to say) but instead he smiled and said, "Oh, you know. The usual rock and roll {censored}." He then talked to me for like 30 minutes and, every time he needed something for his new project or studio, always came back and made sure we talked a bit.

Cameron is 10x the drummer Rockenfiled is and 100x the human being.
:thu:

This is admittedly stupid on my part, but I've always wanted to live in or around Seattle just so I could possibly bump into some of my heroes. I'm quite jealous of you actually.

• Members

This is admittedly stupid on my part, but I've always wanted to live in or around Seattle just so I could possibly bump into some of my heroes. I'm quite jealous of you actually.

Want another one? One day, some dude was wailing WAY too loudly on an amp. I mean, louder than the typical metal kids even. As I went back to ask him to turn it down, I thought, "He's loud but, damn, he is nailing those Presidents of the USA song." It was Dave Dederer. He looked up and I just said, "Sounds good, Dave!" and left him alone.

• Members

Want another one? One day, some dude was wailing WAY too loudly on an amp. I mean, louder than the typical metal kids even. As I went back to ask him to turn it down, I thought, "He's loud but, damn, he is nailing those Presidents of the USA song." It was Dave Dederer. He looked up and I just said, "Sounds good, Dave!" and left him alone.

Wouldn't include him in my list of heroes, but cool nonetheless. About the best I've got is seeing Dax Riggs in Target. But, he's a douche, so I didn't bother with him.

Srsly, (and not to derail), is the job market in the area worth a damn?

• Members

Wouldn't include him in my list of heroes, but cool nonetheless. About the best I've got is seeing Dax Riggs in Target. But, he's a douche, so I didn't bother with him.

Srsly, (and not to derail), is the job market in the area worth a damn?

Actually, seems to be better than most places. Plus, the Pacific Northwest is just a great place to live! It is not necessarily easy to find work (depending on industry) but stats say it is better than most places. I don't run a music store any more so I don't meet any one cool any more, though!

• Members

Actually, seems to be better than most places. Plus, the Pacific Northwest is just a great place to live! It is not necessarily easy to find work (depending on industry) but stats say it is better than most places. I don't run a music store any more so I don't meet any one cool any more, though!

Good to know. I'm hoping to move somewhere within the year and the Pacific Northwest is pretty high on the list. Probably the highest within the U.S.

• Members
Wow, so he looks like a ball-gargling genie AND he's an ass-hat.

Maybe a lighter shade of "Just For Men" might help. I've seen obvious before but that's ridiculous.:lol:

After "Promised Land" I pretty much gave up on Queensryche. Use to be a big fan.

• Members

This is a very long time coming. Tate and his wife (manager of QR) ruined that band. Lets put it this way, anytime you make your wife the manager of your band, you know it's the beginning of the end. He was a great singer, my favorite as kid, but his melodramatic style just doesn't work in the yacht rock meets Nickelback {censored} that he's trying to do now.

Remember going to see them on the Q2Crap tour at the Orbit Room? Watching Kelly Gray butcher the DeGarmo solos was the lowest I thought it could get. The thing that always amazed me about Queensryche is there was no gradual drop off. It went from awesome to garbage in one album, and they never recovered.

• Members

Remember going to see them on the Q2Crap tour at the Orbit Room? Watching Kelly Gray butcher the DeGarmo solos was the lowest I thought it could get. The thing that always amazed me about Queensryche is there was no gradual drop off. It went from awesome to garbage in one album, and they never recovered.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just had to pop in to say that your moniker & avatar kick ass!!!

:love: :love: :love:

:thu:

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

• Members

Queensryche came to my town last August and played an outdoor bar to maybe 1,000 of us. The band sounded great, but Geoff started to lose his high notes after about 3/4 of the way though. I heard he was having issues with his voice that weekend. They sounded pretty good though all in all, playing songs from all over their discography.

The awesome part was that We were invited (seemingly at random) to the meet and greet after the show. We met everyone in the band and took pictures and shook hands along with the rest of the fan club. Pretty cool, right?

After that we hung out for a bit and had a drink. A little later Ed, Mike, and Parker came down and hung out and had drinks with us for a couple of hours! There were only like ten people left at the bar at that point. My singer / guitarist and I got to talk gear, music, And generally shoot the breeze with them all night.

I don't know how I made to work the next day, but I did. My buddies wife sent me a picture of him on the couch @ 2pm still hungover.

I didn't really interact with Geoff or Scott too much, but the other guys were awesome, and Scott's wife was an absolute sweetheart.

CBS, I know. Just thought I'd share. If the new group comes near here I'm going for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

They have not been remotely relevant for about 20 years. I remember when the Queen of the Reich EP came out. So again, WHO?

yet they still get air time. there has yet to be a city i go to whose rock stations DOESN'T play a queensryche song at least once an hour.

• Members
WRONG. Tate may be the voice, but Chris DeGarmo was the soul of Queensryche.

+1

Seeing as rock is a completely guitar driven genre, I always laugh when someone tries to say that the singer in any given band is the crucial element that defines the band. :facepalm: Music, how does it work?

• Members

I was a big fan all the way, even after Degarmo left, I gave them a chance. Up to American Solider or Mind Crime 2, which ever was last, I bought their stuff, Solider was crap MC2 not much better. I hope the guys do good, now. The YT vids with the new guy sound great

Archived