Queensryche dump Tate for new singer

Mesa/Kramer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

New singer sounds just like Tate used too...cool. It hasn't really been QR since DeGarmo left anyway.

Sucks for Tate to get old...I really loved Queensryche.

I don't think being old has got to do anything with it. With so many testimonies of what a douche he really is, he deserved to be sacked by his own bandmates.

• Members

New singer sounds just like Tate used too...cool. It hasn't really been QR since DeGarmo left anyway.

Sucks for Tate to get old...I really loved Queensryche.

Some things can't go on forever. They had a great run, but many fans also lost interest when DeGarmo left.

Changing the name is cool, but this new singer should just do his own thing and mot try to mimic Tate who was the trademark sound of QR.

New guy sounds more Gillette + Dickinson+ Tate.

Won't matter to me. I'm sick of all this lets sound like the bands of 30 years ago {censored} anyway.

• Members

WRONG. Tate may be the voice, but Chris DeGarmo was the soul of Queensryche.

Hear In The Now Frontier may be a commercial failure, but that is far better than the albums they've made after that (he came back for Tribes though).

This. Queensryche's last abortion of a record, Dedicated to Crap, was the final culmination of Geoff turning the band into his solo act, and it sounded just like his first solo record, which sucked almost as much ass.

I'm VERY interested in hearing the new band. Hell, maybe Chris might even consider a return to a Tate-free environment. (I can dream, dammit. :o)

Classic 'Ryche is one of my all-time favorite bands EVER, and Geoff was the man back in the day, but as much as it saddened me to say it, it was time to pull the plug after Q2K, really.

• Members

The band has wanted to Rock, and Rock hard for a long time coming, but Geoff would have no part in that.

Operation Mindcrime II gave a small hint of what was capable if the band returned to thier roots, but even half of that record was so-so at best.

The last 2 after that were horrible, "light rock" disasterpieces.

I saw them a year and a half ago at at fair around here, and they played an entire show of 90's and 2000's music with only 3 80's era songs.

I knew things had really fell off point once and for all after seeing Geoff play Saxaphone on "3" songs. :facepalm:

I don't think that Geoff could'nt sing the way he used, just he did'nt want to.

look at Dio, he was still singing full on at 67, so it's just a matter of will and keeping your instrument sharpened.

Lucky for me, these first 2-shows are in my backyard next week and hope to catch one of the 2.

If they can pull off a heavy new record blending old and new Metal feel, this could be epic.

New guy is pretty good

NHICUMjG4oI

• Members

Did you guys hear about this scuttlebutt going around? Crazy stuff. :freak:

Metal Talk and Metal Sludge recently reported on unsubstantiated rumors that Tate assaulted guitarist Michael Wilton and pulled a knife on drummer Scott Rockenfield at an April 14 gig in Brazil. The incident allegedly took place after Tate overheard his bandmates discussing plans to oust him from the group.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174729

• Members

Did you guys hear about this scuttlebutt going around? Crazy stuff.
:freak:

Didn't hear about the knife part, but supposivly, back stage earlier this month in Rio, they told him they were replacing him, or moving on without him, and he attacked 2 of the band members.

The Stranger part is that Parker dude is Geoff's Son in law.

That must be weird after this went down.............................

• Members

Geoff's attitude is the problem. He still has a better voice than most singers. They have been griping about Tate for years. They should have done this a long time ago. Adios mother{censored}er! :wave:

I don't expect the new material to be as successful as Empire or OM, but the lineup change should at least result in better music than the steaming piles they have released since Hear in the Now. The last album from them that I really liked was Promised Land.

• Members

Didn't hear about the knife part, but supposivly, back stage earlier this month in Rio, they told him they were replacing him, or moving on without him, and he attacked 2 of the band members.

The Stranger part is that Parker dude is Geoff's Son in law.

That must be weird after this went down.............................

I think I read somewhere Parker is divorced from Geoffs daughter.

• Members

This is a very long time coming. Tate and his wife (manager of QR) ruined that band. Lets put it this way, anytime you make your wife the manager of your band, you know it's the beginning of the end. He was a great singer, my favorite as kid, but his melodramatic style just doesn't work in the yacht rock meets Nickelback {censored} that he's trying to do now.

• Members

This is a very long time coming. Tate and his wife (manager of QR) ruined that band. Lets put it this way, anytime you make your wife the manager of your band, you know it's the beginning of the end. He was a great singer, my favorite as kid, but his melodramatic style just doesn't work in the yacht rock meets Nickelback {censored} that he's trying to do now.

It's like that scene from This is Spinal Tap where the singers girlfriend becomes the manager, except it really happened to Queensryche....and it wasn't funny. :(-

• Members

WRONG. Tate may be the voice, but Chris DeGarmo was the soul of Queensryche.

Oh look, you can read. I never said that anyone OTHER THAN DeGarmo was the soul of Queensryche. I said that Tate was Queensryche as in he was the only thing left of Queensryche that anyone actually cares about.

• Members

Oh look, you can read. I never said that anyone OTHER THAN DeGarmo was the soul of Queensryche. I said that Tate was Queensryche as in he was the only thing left of Queensryche that anyone actually cares about.

Damn, you're snippy today.

I never really got into Queensryche. I tried to like OM and Empire, but they were both just meh to me. Maybe, I'll give them another shot.

• Members

I never really got into Queensryche. I tried to like OM and Empire, but they were both just meh to me. Maybe, I'll give them another shot.

Why bother? :lol:

I appreciate they are a talented act and that OM was a pretty influential album for lots of people. I still don't want to listen to them.

• Members

I'm always snippy when someone tries to make an ass of me.

Archived