Recommend me a cool 80's shredder axe that is slightly obscure

-Assy-

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

when did ESP start making LTD`s?

the high end yamaha looks killer.

you young people dont know how expensive these guitars were, even second hand, you could have bought two 70`s les paul deluxes for the price of one jackson second hand, up untill about 93 or so then the war against the pointy was won by the telecaster. bizare world we live in

• Members

The Guild Detonator is probably one of the best 80's Superstrats for the money on the used market right now.

I came to post that. I like the Liberator even better. Set Neck Mahogany, Ebony 24 fret fretboard, the first production guitar to ever have locking tuners (Sperzel), Hum, Single, Single. Solid Brass ABM German made Tremolo. Still one of the best guitars I have ever owned. About 150 made. Mine is ALL black. This is from the era when George Gruhn was Vice president of the company, and Kim Walker was the main designer and luthier. They also made the Liberator Elite, which is super rare, only a couple of dozen. I would buy one in a second if anyone has one. I have seen 3 on Ebay in 11 years. Hamer, Zion, Rand, Roscoe, Heritage, Westone, ESP, Robin, Lado, Kubicki, Heartfield, Starfield, and many others made some really high quality instruments, that have finally been re-realized as the pieces they are.

• Members
Yamaha RGX 1220

guitar_rgx_1.jpg

This.

In the late 80's, I wanted one of those so bad.
American Music had a brand new White one, but it was $1,500!

Instead, I bought an old stock Kramer Stagemaster for $900 at the now gone Kenelly Keys at Bellevue square.

Though not super rare, the Stagemaster is an awesone 80's shredder guitar to consider.

Mine:
3527581232_d6f5f194fa.jpg

Not mine:

2170851060_64e5bdcd9e.jpg

Archived