Mesa Rectifiers track so unbelievably well.

Chrisjd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This..there is no bassist in Korn..just some guy who makes sounds similar to smacking wooden sticks together..honestly when I was younger I didn't know what the {censored} that annoying noise was in all their songs until I learned the bassist tunes so goddamn low that the sound comes from his strings slapping around on the bass

:lol:

Ok, whatever.. there is an "IMO" there, doesn't mean I'm right.. how bout I put it this way: Korn/Primus changed the way bass was perceived in a musical mix, where it was accentuated and actually stole some of the show.

Now, off you {censored} anymore.

• Members
I personally think Rectifiers sound as great live as recorded. IMO they just don't come to life tonally until they get cranked to a certain volume. It's the main reason my Trem-o-verb usually sits unless I'm playing out or can really get the volume up.

I only have Single Recto and that is the same problem. Where we play and what we play I can never really dial it into its sweet spot. It would kill the audience. I rekon i have only dimed it once at band camp messing around and it sounded orgasmic.

• Members

I guess at the time I kind of liked the whining. I was heavily into Fear Factory, Obituary, Machine Head, Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura, etc... at the time, I think I appreciated the difference from the typical screaming or growling.

I still LOVE the first 3 Korn CD's. Awesome stuff. Very hit or miss after that...

• Members
I only have Single Recto and that is the same problem. Where we play and what we play I can never really dial it into its sweet spot. It would kill the audience. I rekon i have only dimed it once at band camp messing around and it sounded orgasmic.

Yeah, they definitely have their sweet spots. My Trem-o-verb at it's sweet spot is just amazing sounding, clear, punchy, etc.. One of the best amps I have ever heard. It's sweet spot is loud but far from dimed. It's usually around 4-5 on the volume knob where it goes from meh to :love:.

Archived