Mesa Rectifiers track so unbelievably well.

Chrisjd

• Members

Yeah yeah yeah, make fun of the band all you want.

This is pretty much the ultimate heavy guitar tone to me. It's just ridiculous how well these amps record. It's too bad they don't sound better in the room/live. I still want to buy a newer dual rectifier and play around with it.

[video=youtube;iLj2mVxREak]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally think Rectifiers sound as great live as recorded. IMO they just don't come to life tonally until they get cranked to a certain volume. It's the main reason my Trem-o-verb usually sits unless I'm playing out or can really get the volume up.

• Members

I think they just had a good couple years of excellent studios.

That tone was heavy, but I think I like the 5150 tone on the next album better. That mid chunk is evil sounding.

[video=youtube;Qso-w02hISo]

• Members

I think the tones in that song work for the music (and the song) -- but I don't think it's anything special and it doesn't necessarily sound like a Recto to me.

Honestly, you could get those tones in a good studio running pedals into a good clean amp.

• Members

Worst kick ever. Actually all of the drums sound pretty weak. Love the guitar tone though.

Wow yeah you're right, that kick sounds like super poo :lol:

Guitar tones are good, but they are so detuned that its hard to tell what amp really does provide the tone from that.

• Members

Korn was awesome. You guys suck.

Look man, I had the first two albums and liked them a lot. Please don't get me wrong when I say that when Carson {censored}ing Daily, MTV, and Total Request Live started rotating Follow The Leader and whatever {censored}ing Limpbizkit album that real rock and roll and real metal died. Then came Linkin' Park and every other labia-heavy band. Korn was the beginning of the end brother... admit it.

Archived