I think I'm getting scammed on Ebay.....

guitarcapo

• Members

O.k. I guess I'll update the situation. The guy emails me again wanting $100. I offer him the full refund or nothing. He emails in caps how he's not making things up. It really sounds like crap. I offer him an idea: I own another 260 and if he mails me the speakers I'll swap them.

10 minutes later he drops his case with Ebay as "resolved"

Hard to say what the problem was but my guess is that he looked in the cab and found a loose tube or some packing material up there. Speakers just don't blow in shipment

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey asshole, how am I supposed to know that when you fully admitted it in this post? I'm beginning to believe you're one who I'll never do business with. I'm getting ready to start building and selling speaker cabs. If I see you trying to buy one, I'll tell you to go {censored} yourself in da mouf. Even if you offer me double the asking price.

You also didn't read my whole post. Prolly because you have difficulty doin' dat readin' thang. {censored} off.

Sarcasm....I thought saying a word like "curses" might have clued you in

• Members

Hey asshole, how am I supposed to know that when you fully admitted it in this post? I'm beginning to believe you're one who I'll never do business with. I'm getting ready to start building and selling speaker cabs. If I see you trying to buy one, I'll tell you to go {censored} yourself in da mouf. Even if you offer me double the asking price.

You also didn't read my whole post. Prolly because you have difficulty doin' dat readin' thang. {censored} off.

oh my god, you are so {censored}ing dumb LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I would have documented the amplifier working next to the packaging, documented it in the packaging, and held on to shipping receipts. Your plan involves throwing an arbitrary amount of money at the buyer while the payment is still suspended.

Yea then someone would say that after I turned the camera off I swapped out the amp's speakers for some crappy ones THEN sent the amps according to some devious plan......etc......

• Members

He might have just been fishing for an insurance policy on the speakers. He basically gets a free ride to crank the amp to the max with gain pedals and slam his guitar through those 50+ year old speakers .....if they hold up, fine.....if he blows one.....he just says "I told you so" and I'm forced to replace them....All I can say is they sounded perfect when I shipped them out and it's rare for shipping itself to harm a speaker ... Tubes on the other hand can go easily in transport .......I installed new Asian tubes in there that sounded fine....but a tube going is more likely.

Archived