I think I'm getting scammed on Ebay.....

guitarcapo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No you won't
:facepalm:

Basically all you got is you didn't take his word that the speakers arrived busted but expected him to take YOUR word that they were fine when you shipped. That's never going to hold up in court or anywhere. It's your word against his and eBay will make a final decision.

When you sign up for an eBay account you "agree" that they can arbitrarily make a final decision a dispute, if no agreement is reached. If the resolution is against you, you agree to pay and if it goes to collection you have no recourse. You know that fine print "terms and Conditions" you never read? Yeah, it's there.

Trust me here, it's in your best interest work with the guy to close this dispute with a settlement ASAP. Chalk this one up as lesson learned, eBay is a horrible place to sell these days. They will hold you at the mercy of the buyer.

Actually I have a little more than my word that the speakers were fine. I offered up a demo of the amp playing.

I offered him a refund. That's all I'm obligated to do. (Not even that since if you look at the auction it's sold as-is no returns) Ebay can play their games but they aren't a court of law. All they are is a party involved with THEIR interpretation of what's fair. If the guy sends me back a box of rocks he'll have some serious problems on his hands.

• Members

mfpos. So the guy wants $100 on top of a free amp? Sounds great, anything else you can get for him?

That's why I backed off of that. I'll just take the returned amp and sell it to someone else. I have to eat the shipping fee I guess...but so does he.

Ebay and Paypal already eat 10% with their fees. I'll just take the amp back for the $900 I'm making on the deal. Ebay and Paypal can't really argue with the fact that I'm offering the buyer a full refund either. Anyway that's how i choose to play it.

• Members

Actually I have a little more than my word that the speakers were fine. I offered up a demo of the amp playing.

I offered him a refund. That's all I'm obligated to do. (Not even that since if you look at the auction it's sold as-is no returns) Ebay can play their games but they aren't a court of law. All they are is a party involved with THEIR interpretation of what's fair. If the guy sends me back a box of rocks he'll have some serious problems on his hands.

yeah a demo that could have been recorded at any tine before the sale.

Anyway, it's not my money so {censored} it. You want to get raped, get raped.

I tried to help.

• Members

yeah a demo that could have been recorded at any tine before the sale.

Anyway, it's not my money so {censored} it. You want to get raped, get raped.

I tried to help.

Says the guy who suggested that I bend over. No thanks.

Who knows...maybe the guy has a history of recieving lots of items "not as described" and Ebay might take this into acoount in arbitration.

• Members

Lol this will end well :lol:

For us laughing at you :lol:

His dispute is open with PayPal. He has the broken amp you shipped him. PayPal will side with him. You will lose the amp and the money :lol:

• Members

wow ...more MENSA material.
:rolleyes:

I would have documented the amplifier working next to the packaging, documented it in the packaging, and held on to shipping receipts. Your plan involves throwing an arbitrary amount of money at the buyer while the payment is still suspended.

• Members

I would have documented the amplifier working next to the packaging, documented it in the packaging, and held on to shipping receipts. Your plan involves throwing an arbitrary amount of money at the buyer while the payment is still suspended.

no it doesn't.

This is "my plan" or whatever you want to call it

-Accept the partial refund offer from buyer via eBay message

-Call eBay and give them the item number

-They will check the messages and put the money back into your account minus 100, which goes to seller account

- eBay closes case

your plan sucks, buyer would still win if he says the damage happened in transit.

Check the eBay forums, people are returning different items or even empty boxes and still getting full refunds. It's actually rampant at the moment and eBay is siding with buyers on every single case.

• Members

Saw this on Ebay forum. Seems like good advice.

View Listings

lurker52

(3 of 15)

Re: Buyer Fraud... here we go again...

Jul 10, 2012 01:13 PM

If we were still selling today, we'd follow the advise we've read on other threads from active sellers who have run across problem buyers. Respond to any buyer complaint (whether you believe it may have merit or you know is a bald faced lie) with...

Dear buyer,

Sorry for your disappointment. Please return the item for a refund of your original payment [item price + shipping].

Thank you,

seller

Respond with only that. Keep communication ONLY through ebay's message system.

Don't discuss anything, don't argue. Just offer them the same as ebay does and what ebay will most likely force upon you per their Buyer Protection Program.

Should they respond to that email still wanting to "discuss" whatever or with a continued heated vent...respond with the SAME reply.

You're acknowledging their stated disappointment [cutomer service] without acknowledging guilt/error on your part -- and offering the same resolution ebay's BPP offers them.

• Members

no it doesn't.

This is "my plan" or whatever you want to call it

-Accept the partial refund offer from buyer via eBay message

-Call eBay and give them the item number

-They will check the messages and put the money back into your account minus 100, which goes to seller account

- eBay closes case

your plan sucks, buyer would still win if he says the damage happened in transit.

Check the eBay forums, people are returning different items or even empty boxes and still getting full refunds. It's actually rampant at the moment and eBay is siding with buyers on every single case.

But but but... I don't see anywhere in there about the seller making all the rules and deciding to deal with it however he feels like dealing with it. :confused:

:lol::lol:

• Members

Hey asshole, how am I supposed to know that when you fully admitted it in this post? I'm beginning to believe you're one who I'll never do business with. I'm getting ready to start building and selling speaker cabs. If I see you trying to buy one, I'll tell you to go {censored} yourself in da mouf. Even if you offer me double the asking price.

You also didn't read my whole post. Prolly because you have difficulty doin' dat readin' thang. {censored} off.

• Members

Taking the hundred dollar hit to make the problem go away would be priceless, but from the context it sounds as though this was discussed over a phone conversation.

just send a message "as per our phone conversation, blah blah" and ask him to confirm he's ok with it. Proceed as planned.

Archived