I think I'm getting scammed on Ebay.....

guitarcapo

• Members

The auction is no longer viewable. Did you mention the 'repaired' speakers? If not, you are 100% in the wrong and a dick. It's the seller's responsibility to mention everything, no matter how insignificant.

Even something like plugging and redrilling neck holes on an elcheapo, hunnert buck strat copy. While it has no effect on playability or aesthetics, you still mention it. If you don't, yer scammin' the buyer. It's that simple.

If you did note the repairs and the buyer gets his panties jammed in his ass crack over it, he's trying to pull a scam.

This ain't rocket surgery, it's simple common sense.

Idiot:

The speakers were never repaired. They were working perfectly and original. You're apparently very easily trolled by Ricky Bobby.

I can see the auction on my end...maybe it's your browser:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271010001698?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D271010001698%26_rdc%3D1

Does this sound like an amp with blown speakers to you?:

[YOUTUBE]6z5CAqsCoyg[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's pretty interesting that the guy won't return my calls to voicemail and immediately filed a claim without trying to resolve things with me directly. Not that any of this matters. I might have to close out my Ebay account over this if they side with him unreasonably.

Not to mention the fact Paypal will hose your credit if you walk away from the deal :thu:

• Members

As an update:

After 3 attempts to get a response, the guy's wife answers the phone saying "I don't know anything about it..." She took my number and said he'd call me back. The guy seems pretty laid back resolving things for someone who apparently received a $1,000 amp damaged. I'd be happy to just take the amp back and refund the guy his money. Personally I think he got a good deal.

• Members

So, just so i am following.

There was no glue at all?

Then, why is he saying there is glue?

And who is this person? Did he buy the amp from you?

There was no glue. Ricky Bobby mentions glue. He does this because he is a troll hoping you will accept this as fact even though he has no knowledge at all about the amp involved. He did not purchase the amp. He finds the concept of you accepting his information as fact entertaining.

• Members

It won't be after Paypal {censored}s you

Hahahahahaha this :thu:

They won't just refund the guy and be left holding their own dick in their hand. If your balance is negative they'll charge it off and go after you for the balance. You either pay up or they'll {censored} all over your credit :thu:

• Members

I was more worried about not selling on Ebay anymore. You guys must all have bad credit or something. I've never had to worry about my credit rating in my life. I owe nothing to credit card companies. All my cars and home are paid off. I never borrow money. Seriously

• Members

Are you stupid? Defaulting PayPal is the same as defaulting on a credit card :lol:

There's a reason most of us don't just walk away from problems like you want to do. :lol:

But it's all good. Keep telling us how awesome your credit is at the moment :thu:

• Members

Guitarcapo, can you email the guy and cover paypal saying you will accept a return and refund the guy once you have the amp back and it is in the same shape as when you shipped it. That way you show you are willing to make things right for the buyer and if he has swapped speakers do not refund and you have demonstrated that you were willing to work it out.

• Members

Guitarcapo, can you email the guy and cover paypal saying you will accept a return and refund the guy once you have the amp back and it is in the same shape as when you shipped it. That way you show you are willing to make things right for the buyer and if he has swapped speakers do not refund and you have demonstrated that you were willing to work it out.

It doesn't work that way. As soon as buyer provides a tracking number to PayPal for the return, they will refund the buyer and negative his account, which yes will go to collection if it remains unpaid.

• Members

The guy finally contacted me. He says one speaker is blown (before he said both) and that he just bought two replacement speakers for $210. He wants me to credit him $100 for one of the speakers. I basically told him that I wished he had called me or emailed me with a problem before doing the Paypal chargeback and spending money on speakers trying to rectify the problem on his own. I offered him a full refund but he'l have to pay for shipping the amp back.

I'm thinking he's just trying to shake me down for a bit of money to get the price down and there's nothing wrong with the speakers. Ebay will probably side with me offering him a refund. The amp was fine when it left here...but it IS a 50+ year old amp. He might have just cranked the sucker and damaged it or something.

Shipping the amp back might cost $80 or so. He'll have to decide whether paying that is worth it.

• Members

It doesn't work that way. As soon as buyer provides a tracking number to PayPal for the return, they will refund the buyer and negative his account, which yes will go to collection if it remains unpaid.

I already have the negative account. I'm not worried about collection. If I've been scammed I'll take it up with them later trying to collect on a scam.

• Members

The guy finally contacted me. He says one speaker is blown (before he said both) and that he just bought two replacement speakers for #$10. He wants me to credit him $100 for one of the speakers. I basically told him that I wished he had called me or emailed me with a problem before doing the Paypal chargeback and spending money on speakers trying to rectify the problem on his own. I offered him a full refund but he'l have to pay for shipping the amp back.

I'm thinking he's just trying to shake me down for a bit of money to get the price down and there's nothing wrong with the speakers. Ebay will probably side with me offering him a refund. The amp was fine when it left here...but it IS a 50+ year old amp. He might have just cranked the sucker and damaged it or something.

Shipping the amp back might cost $80 or so. He'll have to decide whether paying that is worth it.

Just send him a $100 refund and call it a day. This guy could ship you a box of rocks and get a full refund, that's how much eBay sides with buyers these days.

Just refund the guy the 100 and move on with your life.

• Members

rtmft.

lol

i had to look that up :facepalm:

and yes you are right....but still :facepalm:

lol

anyway....was just figureing out how Ricky Bobby fitted into the picture. and then everyone seemed to believe him i had to ask ....

• Members

Thread delivers. Ebay always sides with the buyer, and will {censored} you every time. BONUS = Ricky Bobby troll/assraping/butthurt inducing input. P.S. OP you got scammed, and THIS is why Ebay sucks now. No recourse for the seller, and that guy will probably give you bad feedback after all this mess, and nothing you can do about it. I have 4 ebay accounts, and only 1 still is used to buy stuff every once in awhile. {censored} Ebay, they have lost my business.

• Members

I already have the negative account. I'm not worried about collection. If I've been scammed I'll take it up with them later trying to collect on a scam.

No you won't :facepalm:

Basically all you got is you didn't take his word that the speakers arrived busted but expected him to take YOUR word that they were fine when you shipped. That's never going to hold up in court or anywhere. It's your word against his and eBay will make a final decision.

When you sign up for an eBay account you "agree" that they can arbitrarily make a final decision a dispute, if no agreement is reached. If the resolution is against you, you agree to pay and if it goes to collection you have no recourse. You know that fine print "terms and Conditions" you never read? Yeah, it's there.

Trust me here, it's in your best interest work with the guy to close this dispute with a settlement ASAP. Chalk this one up as lesson learned, eBay is a horrible place to sell these days. They will hold you at the mercy of the buyer.

Archived