What could be causing one of my pedals to pick up Mexican radio?

TU BE

• Members

I have tried it with different cables. I don't notice it when it is on my pedal board. Only when I take it off and use it by itself. I am gonna try it on the board tonight at home and see if it does it or not. I have gigged with it a couple of times while on the board and it has not been an issue.

It's a EQD Chrysalis overdrive pedal if that makes any difference. It sounds fan {censored}ing tastic when on, it's just noisy and picking up radio when I'm not playing.

• Members

i had a vexter fuzz factory that picked up am radio only at this one place we gigged at. never happened when i used it elsewhere and never happened at that venue with other pedals. was very strange.

I think that may be the case here too. I've never noticed it before until I took the pedal off the board and used it by itself at my house. Haven't ever noticed anything at a gig or at practice.

• Members

it's due to poor shielding, which surprises me because EQD is supposed to be good stuff. it can be fixed, don't ask me how cause I don't know, but i've heard poor shielding can be easily fixed.

this is the reason i wont use any of the TC Electronics tone print pedals. they intentionally have bad shielding because they're designed to pick up RF from you phone.

Archived