What's your Guitar Center song?

BerkleeBill

• Members

I spend most of the time tuning the open G chord...then once that's good to go I butcher my way through paganini's 5th and the end of the crossroads duel. If I'm feeling saucy I'll scoop the mids and play cemetery gates.

If it's a clean amp I'll play Under the bridge to get a good feel for it, if it's a dirty amp I'll play a combination my original stuff, KISS riffs and Jessie's Girl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I rarely plug into an amplifier at Guitar Center. I usually get amplifiers online, most of what's available in GC doesn't really appeal to me. Guitars I typically play unplugged to see how they resonate and feel. I usually replace pickups and if the guitar itself feels great, then I can always get aftermarket pickups later.

So, I don't have a Guitar Center song, because nobody's really going to hear me play it.

• Members

Smoke on the water

Thunderstruck

Enter Sandman

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND

LOUDLY.

• Members

I have a few:

1. Looks that Kill - Motley Crue

2. Seek and Destroy - Metallica

3. Round and Round - Ratt

And usually some stuff I make up on the spot, with some other songs I cant remember mixed in. Ill probably edit this when I think of more.

expected...

• Members

A {censored}ty version of the intro to stairway to heaven, but I don't use clean, just super saturated gain. Also I don't play rhythm, only leads. I play stairway with a sense that the intro is really a lead. Also I dime the reverb and add chorus if possible. Also I drop tune a 7 string to play it. And I whammy+pinch harmonic the whole time. Then I use lead inspiration from my idol kirk hammet, and add a chain seried double wah for a more extreme effect. Then I really turn heads when I attempt sweet home alabama with all the exact same settings. The sweet spot is all in the wah combination with trem+pinch harmonics.

• Members

A {censored}ty version of the intro to stairway to heaven, but I don't use clean, just super saturated gain. Also I don't play rhythm, only leads. I play stairway with a sense that the intro is really a lead. Also I dime the reverb and add chorus if possible. Also I drop tune a 7 string to play it. And I whammy+pinch harmonic the whole time. Then I use lead inspiration from my idol kirk hammet, and add a chain seried double wah for a more extreme effect. Then I really turn heads when I attempt sweet home alabama with all the exact same settings. The sweet spot is all in the wah combination with trem+pinch harmonics.

:lol:

• Members

Almost always my own stuff, but if I feel like putting an amp or guitar through its paces quickly, I'll fire up "Interstate Love Song" by STP. Just the first 45 seconds of the song has a nice mix of single notes, open chords, and barre chords, including some fairly harmonically complex ones. Plus it's fun to play and turns heads without me looking like a showoff.

• Members

That kid looks like Dr. Goebbels. :freak:

Anyway, great song featuring one my fav guitarists (Warren).

I never, ever play famous songs at GC. :o Either improv (which I can do for hours) or some original material that I've recorded/jammed on.

• Members

I listened to some GB the other day, took me all the way back to high school 20 yrs ago. Reminded me of my 10" Kickers in my low rider truck lol

oh, and my guitar store licks are usually Sultans of swing on a clean channel, and just make up some {censored} for the dirty channels

Archived