so who here is using a single channel amp?

guitarbilly74

• Members

When I was gigging with my old original band, I used either an AC30 or my old Trinity Triwatt, with a Fulldrive 2 when I needed more dirt. Clean just meant rolling back the guitar volume - for the stuff we did, it was perfect. Covers, on the other hand, I used a HK Triamp. That band needed clean clean and lots of dirt, so I don't think I would have gotten away with just one channel.

• Members

I use my L20h as a single channel, i dont think i've even used the clean sound on it.

Some styles require fast extreme changes, but for me 1 channel is fine!

Apparently Laneys are good for that. :)

I solved the fast change issue with the volume pedal. It has a "minimum volume" knob so I just set that knob to be my clean tone when it's all the way up - no guess work at all: pedal up is clean, pedal down is full blown OD. I can go from clean to dirt as fast as with a footswitch :)

• Members

Apparently Laneys are good for that.
:)

I solved the fast change issue with the volume pedal. It has a "minimum volume" knob so I just set that knob to be my clean tone when it's all the way up - no guess work at all: pedal up is clean, pedal down is full blown OD. I can go from clean to dirt as fast as with a footswitch
:)

Which volume pedal do you use Billy?

• Members

I use one of my 2204s in my main band! Set crunchy, Bad Monkey for boost, vol down for clean! Quality.

In fact...my Roadking has a problem with the switching, so I need to get it off to the Distributor to sort it out...so that's also being treated in the same way as my 800s, but with a ts9 or SD1 for boost...depending how saucey I'm feeling and whether I'm on humbuckers or not!

• Members

I don't even bring a footswitch to gigs.
:thu:

nor me!

I do wanna get the switching problem sorted tho. I have a midi switcher for it, so I want to start programming some stuff with my GCX/GCP and rack gear setup... I'm more afraid of that than having a single channel tho to be fair! haha

Archived