so who here is using a single channel amp?

guitarbilly74

• Members

Mainly I use my 1987 Plexi clone. The sound with my tele volume rolled down is almost crystal clear. Not muddy like it is on my LP.

To be fair it does have a few more tone shaping mods. UK/US switch, MV.

Sometimes I A/B it with my 67 Bassman. Fender pushed JUUUUUST to the edge of breakup and then hit the "B" switch for Marshall crunch.

• Members

channel switchers aren't necessary . . .

until you need to play clean funk or jazz and then you don't haz teh right tonez.

Orly?

64b0bcf5.jpg

:D

I don't really like channel switchers. I always feel the channels are too dissimilar to each other so it throws off the feel. I prefer one good base tone where I can build/take away to achieve my desired level of clean/burn.

• Members

If/when I can get my TE Bonneville combo fixed, I will be. I already generally run my channel-switchers as if they were one channel. I almost never use a dedicated clean channel; I just use the drive channel & boost or roll back the guit's volume as needed. It's just that with the channel switchers, the amps have the boost built in.

• Members

I really like using my Marshall JCM900 even though it is a single channel amp...

I am actually surprised at how it responds to the volume knob on my guitars. Once I found that breakup where if I hit it with a boost/OD it would scream but without the boost would be slightly crunchy I was set!!! I can roll back the volume for cleans and turn it back up to :rawk:

Cole

• Members

Not really a single channel amp as such, considering it's an Axe-FX rig. But with the band I basically play it like a single channel amp. I just use one patch, and get everything I need from volume/tone control, pickup switching, and occasionally switching in an effect. :idk:

This! Cos that's how I'm using my Roadking at the moment!

I was thinking, "A Roadking just to use only one channel? That's pretty much 'tarded," until I recalled my own case. :facepalm:

Archived