What do you think about Avatar cabs?

cacheek

• Members

Had a blem'd Vintage 4x12 (Bogner lookalike) shipped from their factory to my house for $239. Loved it but had to sell it a short while after . . .

Currently have a Vintage 2x12 (again, Bogner lookalike) that I got empty for $160, and is a damn fine cabinet. Use it at practice, use it live. No weird rattles, loose ends, etc.

Arguably the best bang for the buck cabinet you can find. :thu:

• Members

Any particular version good for harder rock and metal? Contemporary, Vintage, and Traditional are the designs offered.

Contemporary has the best, tightest bass response IMO. Very similar to a Mesa or Orange cab. The Traditional is flubby. Never owned a Vintage so I'm not sure about those.

• Members

I have gone through several of them...buy them, get the brand-name cab, then sell it, only to buy another later.

I finally said "to hell with that" and have kept mine.

Originally bought it loaded with G12H-30's, those went into my 1960A cab when I bought it. Sold the G12T-75's, then bought Greenbacks. Put the Greenbacks in the Avatar Cab, and it sounds better than my Marshall cab. I also have a Recto Slant with Vintage 30's, and the Avatar w/ Greenbacks slays it.

The only thing I've done is buy some casters and screwed them on - makes it move around easier, decouples it from the floor, and with my desktop mic stands, gets the mic where it should be.

• Members

I owned one of the Vintage-style 2x12s for a while and it was definitely good quality. I would buy one again; however, I would probably buy used because I lost a good bit when I sold mine.

You lose more on Marshall/Mesa when bought new. Same percentage, but in terms of flat dollars, you lose more on a Marshall or Mesa Cab.

• Members

There's a local guy who I'm trying to work a deal with. Has a Contemporary 212 closed back with Warehouse 65s. I know nothing about these speakers though.

The ET65's creamy lows blend with tight midrange and sparkling highs for some of the best tones ever created. This speaker is for classic rock, country, and blues. Upgrade from your Celestion

Archived