NGD!!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Picked this one up yesterday: 2006 SG Special. I've been wanting one for a long time and finally found a decent deal: $550 with the Gibson hard case. The guitar is in near mint condition and sounds and plays great. I was thinking I was going to need to upgrade the bridge pickup right away but the stock one is actually really good. I remember not liking it the last time I tried it, but that was with a different rig, with the Laney, it actually sounds great. :)

Quick cell phone pic, I will take some more pics later.

sgspecial1.jpg

• Members

Nice! How's the neck? Is it thin or like baseball bat thick? I find some SG's say to have slim taper necks but I still find them to be very fat. I can just never get along with the necks on SG's otherwise I'd love to have one. Love the way they sound.

• Members

Nice! How's the neck? Is it thin or like baseball bat thick? I find some SG's say to have slim taper necks but I still find them to be very fat. I can just never get along with the necks on SG's otherwise I'd love to have one. Love the way they sound.

It's fat. I wouldn't say baseball bat fat, but close to the LP 50's profile. Still very comfortable though. My SG-X has the faster 60's profile, so it's good to have both options :)

• Members

I honestly used to hate 'em back in the 90's, until I tried a nice one and was completely hooked.

I only have Epi G400s now for the time being, since I got 'em cheap and sounds great with pickup upgrades. Someday I'll have a '61 ReIssue. :thu:

• Members

I honestly used to hate 'em back in the 90's, until I tried a nice one and was completely hooked.

I only have Epi G400s now for the time being, since I got 'em cheap and sounds great with pickup upgrades. Someday I'll have a '61 ReIssue.
:thu:

Everyone I've played is so fat behind the 12th fret that I just can't get along with them. I've thought about just buying one thinking that I would get used to the neck at some point but just never have. I love the sound of them.

Archived