Chuck Norris' dire warning for America

mbarn3065

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why? The Constitution guarantees freedom OF religion,. Not freedom FROM religion.

It guarantees "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

To me that the gov and church should be separate...also refer to TJ's quote in post 109.

• Members

When the government makes policies based upon religious belief, or allows religious groups to write legislation (which happens all of the time) that is infringing on my freedom of religion. What is so hard to grasp about that? Maybe if the church paid the entry fee like the rest of us, I'd give a flying {censored} what they think....but probably not.

Most politicians are about as religious as I am; that is, not at all. But if you can convince the public you're a god-obsessed nutbag, there's 1/3 of the vote right there.

• Members

If you believe that all the landfaring species walking the earth today fit on and were within walking distance of Noah's Ark, you shouldn't be barred from being president. Not by law, by responsible, rational voters. But when you have to believe that, or at least claim to believe to even have a chance, something is seriously wrong.

• Members

I can't watch vids @ work, but by the posts I can glean that it is typical OMG there is DANGER unless Barry is out. Typical crap.

Do the christians know there was no jew zombie savior? No talking bush on fire? That religion was just a way to keep folks under the thumb of the power mad before there was civilization?

Derek

• Members

wow, i would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when you guys discuss this at your final judgement
:thu:

Acoordind to your own faith all fall short of the grace or glory of God (or something like that). Furthermore, said faith declares that sin is not scaled, so your fapping to peewee Herman is on par with "the big guy can suck bobo". Finally, having said that, I enjoyed reading your inferred judgement. :wave:

• Members

This thread is a perfect example of why there should be separation of the church and state.

When religious types get into power all they need to justify even the most despicable things, is just to say "this is God's will".

If I am in power, it must be because God wants me there, and therefore whatever I decide must be God's will. Who are YOU to question it if it is God's will?

It's a very dangerous path.

• Members

Why are the vast majority of religious people soooooooooo {censored}ing stupid? I try VERY hard to be tolerant of them but it overwhelms my patience. Constantly in the news and on any message board they spout {censored} that is socially backwards, scientifically incorrect, economically illiterate, historically inaccurate, and even biblical incorrect. In the words of the great Bill Nye in reference to Todd Akin "He's a {censored}ing idiot. Just a plain {censored}ing idiot. I'm sorry - I don't say that word very often - but it happens to fit in this case. He's just a {censored}ing idiot." I think this applies to the whole group.

The fact that religious ppl are aware that there are many other religions and dead gods of the past, and yet still have faith makes me believe that they don't know how to think logically.

All of that other stuff is just icing on the stupid cake.

• Members

This thread is a perfect example of why there should be separation of the church and state.

When religious types get into power all they need to justify even the most despicable things, is just to say "this is God's will".

If I am in power, it must be because God wants me there, and therefore whatever I decide must be God's will. Who are YOU to question it if it is God's will?

It's a very dangerous path.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.. Look at any theocracy and you'll see what unbridialed religious expression produces. It's never pretty.

• Members

You guys saying seperation of church and state i agree with 100%

but that statement is actually not correct -- it was done to prevent goverment indocrination of religion, plain and simple end of story, a dopey politician invoking god or religion is NOT the same thing

It was simply done to prevent state run religion schools,

• Members

The fact that religious ppl are aware that there are many other religions and dead gods of the past, and yet still have faith makes me believe that they don't know how to think logically.

All of that other stuff is just icing on the stupid cake.

I can sort of understand someone wanting to believe in a deity or higher power of some sort but to specify the deity is something I believe only an ignoramus or intellectually dishonest person can do. There is 0 evidence to suggest the validity of one god over another. That is one of the primary reasons thy I take the default stance. Atheism.

• Members
Sack up and vote for Gary Johnson. He will not win the fixed {censored}ing election, but it's a vote, hopefully for the future.

I've not voted for a dem or rep the last two elections and while I still walk the earth and live in the US, never will again.

Oh I will be voting. Complaining about how {censored}ty the country is run and not voting makes you a {censored}ing idiot.

I just don't like it this year. :(

• Members

Chuck may be a god fearing dick but he made the best comedy to ever be on TV - Walker Texas Ranger!

Ah yes, not since the fonz jumped the shark has episodic tv had a more fitting euphemism.

Network: It was bad

Producer: How bad? Charles in charge bad?

Network: No. Walker Texas Ranger bad

Producer:

• Members

I wish we would elect scientists as leaders.. You know.. The people that practice objectivity and logic.. And actually have a brain.

The problem is that they have brains, if they didn't they might actually be interested in getting into politics.

• 3 months later...

Archived