I have hated on bonamassa and Black country communion

primeholy

• Members

But, I listened to them at work the other day, and it was quite enjoyable. I found that if I wasnt focusing on the music, I actually enjoyed it. The leads would jump out and id be like :eek:

I wont come out and say I'm a fan, but I will be giving him another listen.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are exceptional musicians playing average (maybe even slightly watered down?) music. I consider them better than Chickenfoot but not great. Bonamassa sure can play but his song writing is very hit or miss IMO.

This. He's a lead player, not a riffer, that's why he's a better blooze guitarist; the basic song structure for blues has been the same for over 100 years.

I also find myself wishing that he'd turn his tone knob up when he's playing rhythm. That smooth EJ-esque tone is great for leads, but I wish his chords and riffs had a bit more bite to them.

• Members

I was lucky and saw BCC at a tour stop in Salt Lake while vacationing. I decided on a whim to go----and OMG!

Yeah, it was a haven for middle-aged dudes as far as the audience went. But dayyum! Did they kill it. I have been a Bonamassa fan ever since. I was never into his stuff until seeing them at that show. I was converted. He just slayed it. The whole band did. Hughes is one of the best showman I have seen. He worked that stage. Sang his ass off.... and played bass.

Yeah.... they were that good. :thu:

• Members

Holy {censored}, I can't imagine being a rock guitarist and not digging BCC, but to each his own, I suppose! Love me some Bonamassa, love me some Glenn Hughes, love 'em both together even more, and I think they're writing and playing some of the best pure rock 'n' roll that's been produced in the past 25 years. Can't {censored}ing wait for the next BCC record to drop in October! :rawk:

• Members

I have seen Bonamassa twice and and was just blown away each time. Going to see him again in Nov. I would love to catch BCC some time. Joe is easily one of the best guitarist alive and he lives and breathes music. Very cool guy in my book, and is super nice to the fans after the shows.

• Members

Tough choice between BCC and BCC 2. More Sherinian on 2.

Best rock band of the last 30 years. Incredible live show.

Joe B's solo stuff is hit or miss - John Henry and Dust Bowl are superb records but the rest of his catalog doesnt have anything that comes close to them, although Black Rock and Dring Towards Daylight are pretty solid.

But with Glenn the primary writer and singer and bass man, and Joe B, Sherinian and Jason Bonham playing, they are a totally killer rock band.

Archived