Joe Bonamassa's sunglasses pics are every bit as ridiculous as black metal pics...

FrostByte

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can a majority of them out-play him? Yes.

GTFO - JB is a {censored}ing axeman. Very few people alive can outplay him in his element - and thats a fact jack.

Evidence to back it up: FWD to 2:56 & eat that solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SiVgNcYwZc Plus he has this magic steel wammy rod thing which he employs at 5:15 which is pretty badass

• Members

The man can wear whatever he damn well pleases. He's been touring his ass off for a loooooong time, and if he wants to look cool on stage, then that's his perogative.

No....benjamin80009234 says he practices in front of a mirror, so that's what it has to be.

Joe has earned it...the hard way. Maybe if someone people would practice more...they wouldn't be worrying about sunglasses. He may wear sunglasses...but at least he doesn't suck. Make your choice.

• Members

There's a good chance his sunglasses are prescription. He wears glasses and maybe he can't wear contacts for whatever reason. Regardless, I think he looks better in a suit than those dipsh888s who wear makeup and treat a guitar as an accessory rather than a musical instrument.

• Members

I am sure he's a good player, but 'white man blues' is ultimate dullmanship

If what you mean is the "white man blues" formula or motif then I totally agree and I am a fan of blues. It isn't that I don't like it, it is that it has been done to DEATH no matter what color the actual singer is.

• Members

If what you mean is the "white man blues" formula or motif then I totally agree and I am a fan of blues. It isn't that I don't like it, it is that it has been done to DEATH no matter what color the actual singer is.

exactly

• Members

I like Joe's playing, he smokes, can play rings around me.

It's his sense of entitlement that bugs me. He got all buttherted when Fender passed on making him a signature strat, pretty much stopped playing them after. He got pissy when he was not nominated for a grammy. Ever go to his website? He's got a bigger store for his baubles than WallMart. He endorses everything under the sun, I will not be shocked when Ray Ban picks him up.

• Members

I like Joe's playing, he smokes, can play rings around me.

It's his sense of entitlement that bugs me. He got all buttherted when Fender passed on making him a signature strat, pretty much stopped playing them after. He got pissy when he was not nominated for a grammy. Ever go to his website? He's got a bigger store for his baubles than WallMart. He endorses everything under the sun, I will not be shocked when Ray Ban picks him up.

In his defense - don't you think Fender would sell way more Joe B strats than John Mayer strats ? Fender blew it & he said {censored} them ... in a way, I dig it.

• Members

In his defense -
don't you think Fender would sell way more Joe B strats than John Mayer strats
? Fender blew it & he said {censored} them ... in a way, I dig it.

Sadly, no. I think they would sell far more John Mayer Strats. The fact that anyone would buy a John Mayer Strat makes me want to put my dick in a meat grinder.

• Members

In his defense - don't you think Fender would sell way more Joe B strats than John Mayer strats ? Fender blew it & he said {censored} them ... in a way, I dig it.

John Mayer is the most important younger player to endorse Fender. Joe wouldn't be able to sell as many signature strats as John even if he won an emmy. And like Billy said the John Mayer strats are really awesome, chunky neck, great pickups and big tone.

I'd still want to know how Joe's strat would be like. He played an Eric Clapton strat for a long time so I bet it would have Lace sensors and/or active wiring.

• Members

From what I remember, Fender CS made Joe a relic strat with gold sparkles to Joe's specs. Joe wanted them to make it his signature model, Fender passed, then proceeded to start selling CS relic strats in gold sparkle, possibly built with Joe's specs. Joe got pissed because they ripped off his "model" and sold it as a regular CS model.

Archived