Haven't seen one of these in a while...POST YOUR RIG THREAD

grunge782

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by grunge782 View Post
I've had the Mills and Fargen Miniplex MKII for a while now, but I feel like I've finally got it down to the 2 guitars that are perfect for me. Damn it took a long time to narrow it down to this facepalm.gif

Fargen%20Hag%20Godin_zps361acd84.jpg
Fargen%20Godin_zps84c8eff2.jpg

So post your new gear thumb.gifwave.gif
That is purdy !

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf View Post
All Ive got right now...Im hoping to add a Carvin V3 to the mix sometime, maybe January, and Ive got a list of maybe 4-5 guitars that Id like to buy...

Honestly, though, if this is all I had from here on out, Id be ok with it. Its everything I need.

3b1e2aea.jpg
Looks good to me, 5150's will always bring it. I am so done with more than 2 or 3 guitars though...not worth all the maintenance especially if I spend most of my time on a few of them . Simpler and more basic rig = better IMO.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
That's a pretty serious pedalboard. What kind of midi controller is that? and what does it do to the Timeline?

I'm on the fence about selling my timeline, and I'm thinking a good midi setup might be the ticket for it.
Its a Musicomlabs EFX MkIII. Incredible pedal, you wont find a better way of controlling all your equipment (it does your pedals, their patches and your amp channels) using a entirely pedalboard mounted unit. It has 8 loops for your pedals, and it can control 3 (I think?) MIDI controlled pedals as well, so can change their patch or do anything else you can with midi messages. But yeah, its really, good, you can set up, say, a patch with a delay, reverb and compressor, and it gives you the ability to turn one off in the patch, or add another pedal etc, so it doesnt limit you to what you've programmed already. Well worth a look!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by grunge782

View Post

Looks good to me, 5150's will always bring it. I am so done with more than 2 or 3 guitars though...not worth all the maintenance especially if I spend most of my time on a few of them . Simpler and more basic rig = better IMO.

I can get on board with that. However, I do want some more guitars...Id like a Carvin single cut, carvin CT6, an ESP SV-II, and a custom green ninja. Id keep my ninja, too, and maybe keep the EC for traveling/taking to work and such...who knows. Id be cool with 2 SV-IIs too haha, but really those first 4 are REALY what I wanna get.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 100 watt View Post
I like that Superstrat. Just texted Murdoch a pic of my hermaphrodite super strat. Maybe I can get him to poast it
thanks man, that was my main gigging guitar for all 5 years of college icon_lol.gif

emg sa sa 85 set in a usa strat; love it. kinda wish the neck was ebony but whatever, it plays and sounds great. love that guitar!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
thanks man, that was my main gigging guitar for all 5 years of college icon_lol.gif

emg sa sa 85 set in a usa strat; love it. kinda wish the neck was ebony but whatever, it plays and sounds great. love that guitar!
Looks like you and I have similar tastes (on the right). This was mine through college and still is!

'99 Big Apple
rig.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post

I love EMG's in a strat. My main strat is a partscaster.. Unknown body (I think it's an American Deluxe, or standard MIM), allparts 70's CBS Bullet trussrod "big head" maple neck w jumbo frets. Unknown bridge. Steel block. 70's / 80's brass "boogie" / Charvel saddles. Single EMG 81. Volume knob only.

Put it together out of junk. The body had been sprayed nitro & "reliced" (i just got it cause it was cheap). Was gonna put a nice re-finish on it, but everyone fell in love with the way it looked, so Ive just ran it as-is.

Archived