help choose upgrades for my agile please

sleewell

• Members

as much as i want a LPC i have decided to be an adult and pay off my car early so i can get an awd car before winter. i would like to instead upgrade my agile in the meantime, but dont know too much about it all. please help!!

thinking:

new wiring

500k pots

better tuners

etc....

I have already upgraded the pickups and love the guitar overall, just looking for more tuning stablity and any possible tone increases.

any websites to check out or all in one kits that would be decent?

thanks,

bill

• Members

as much as i want a LPC i have decided to be an adult and pay off my car early so i can get an awd car before winter. i would like to instead upgrade my agile in the meantime, but dont know too much about it all. please help!!

thinking:

new wiring

500k pots

better tuners

etc....

I have already upgraded the pickups and love the guitar overall, just looking for more tuning stablity and any possible tone increases.

any websites to check out or all in one kits that would be decent?

thanks,

bill

let' see that thang

• Members

Are those Grovers on there , so it depends so the new ones match the hole size and screws on the back . I might leave them alone . I like the 50's wiring , I think you would need to rewire the switch as well . I got a DIY kit from Jonesyblues for my LP and his prerwired switch kit . http://jonesyblues.com/

50sRewire_JonesyPots.jpg

I probably wouldn't go too crazy , if you like it just rock it but the next swappable thing would be the bridge , studs bushings , wraptail etc etc .

• Members

Bull{censored}! buy the LPC it snowed twice last winter you don't need no all wheel drive.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! i will buy it eventually, most likely at tax time. fall is coming on strong though isnt it? i think this winter is going to be worse than last year but i could be wrong.

right now another mercedes just makes more sense for me and is not a huge drop off in the sexy dept. i really have more than enough gear for my meager skill set and my current car has 97k miles so i dont want to run into any repairs.

• Members

What kind of tuning issues are you having? Most likely the culprit is the nut and that's a $10 upgrade. Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest.

Replacing the pots might be a good idea, but if you are not having issues with the current pots and the guitar sounds good, I'd leave it alone.

Same with tuners, change the nut first and see if the tuning stability increases, (it probably will) and you can leave them alone too. Especially since you are planning to buy a Gibson next year, which is just a few months away anyway.

Are you even having issues with the guitar or is this more like an upgrade for the hell of it?

• Members

What kind of tuning issues are you having? Most likely the culprit is the nut and that's a $10 upgrade. Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest.

Replacing the pots might be a good idea, but if you are not having issues with the current pots and the guitar sounds good, I'd leave it alone.

Same with tuners, change the nut first and see if the tuning stability increases, (it probably will) and you can leave them alone too. Especially since you are planning to buy a Gibson next year, which is just a few months away anyway.

Are you even having issues with the guitar or is this more like an upgrade for the hell of it?

more just for fun and i need to learn this stuff on a cheapo. i think the volume knobs could be more responsive compared to my nicer guitars. it does sound good and i am happy with it, but for $225 i am guessing some of the components are not the best and might sound even better with some fairly inexpensive upgrades. thanks for the tips, i appreciate it as always!

• Members

For tuners, I cannot recommend Planet Waves trim locks enough. They are amazing, and that guitar keeps tune better than any other guitar Ive had.

EDIT: Or, you can buy my sperzels for a reary goo pwice!!

What style, config and finish are your sprezels? Pics?

Archived