So I went to GC....

guitarbilly74

• Members

to buy the DiMarzio Breed. They didn't have it :rolleyes: oh well no surprise there, I guess.

Now what DID surprise is that the guy that helped me out was actually really knowledgeable - finally they hired someone that actually knows his {censored}!!!! The guy works as a tech/builder on the side and showed me some pics of his builds, pretty cool stuff. Anyway, I was telling him what I was hoping to get out of a bridge pickup and he talked me into buying the Duncan Distortion. Going to install it now and see if I like it. Does anyone have any experience with the Distortion in a SG?

• Members

I thought you were gonna get ass-raped by a 13 year old with an abalone schecter playing a metalzone through a Raven full stack.

I is disapoint.

Also, you don't need that sexy SG, send it to me.

SEND IT TO ME BIOTCH!!!!

plz?

• Members

to buy the DiMarzio Breed. They didn't have it
:rolleyes:
oh well no surprise there, I guess.

Now what DID surprise is that the guy that helped me out was actually really knowledgeable -
finally
they hired someone that actually knows his {censored}!!!! The guy works as a tech/builder on the side and showed me some pics of his builds, pretty cool stuff. Anyway, I was telling him what I was hoping to get out of a bridge pickup and he talked me into buying the Duncan Distortion. Going to install it now and see if I like it. Does anyone have any experience with the Distortion in a SG?

Yep. It can sound great but was fairly shrill in an SG clone I used to have, though part of that may have been the amp I had at the time. It still seems just a bit that way in my current Epi Goth SG and Epi LP. The Breed, however, has almost too much bottom end in a mahogony PRS clone I have but would probably sound great in an SG.

• Members

Well I installed the pickup and I was jamming for the last 2 hours. I like it a lot. Compared to the DiMarzio Super Distortion that was in there before, there is a lot more clarity and articulation. Less output than the SD but it still a hot pickup. Definitely a lot less bass. But overall, it is a much livelier tone than the SD. Great pickup, can't wait to try it with the band.

• Members

Well I installed the pickup and I was jamming for the last 2 hours. I like it a lot. Compared to the DiMarzio Super Distortion that was in there before, there is a lot more clarity and articulation. Less output than the SD but it still a hot pickup. Definitely a lot less bass. But overall, it is a much livelier tone than the SD. Great pickup, can't wait to try it with the band.

this is why it's my favorite as well

• Members

The Distortion is a sweet pickup! It sounded good in my mahogany LTD MH-1000 :thu: so I bet it sounds pretty damn good in a mahogany SG!

I can't wait to hear some clips of it! Also, I don't know how well a Breed would work in an SG :idk: Also, I found that I liked the Distortion in my MH-1000, but I loved the Rio Grande Crunchbox even more :love:

Cole

• Members

I went home during my lunch break today and had the chance to play through the amp cranked. It sounds amazing. Really impressed with this pickup, it is so clear with heavy gain it's amazing. It also cleans up great when I roll back the guitar's volume. I will probably replace the SD in my other SG with the Distortion I am REALLY digging this pup!!!

Archived