Old news is old, but I just started playing Morrowind

decode6

• Members

I should get Morrowind again. I never did finish it as I sold my Xbox before I did. I loved it though. Yay for raising alchemy by randomly eating things!

I'm sure the graphics are dated as hell by now, but since most of my gaming is on PC games from the mid 90s....I doubt it'll matter much. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by decode6

View Post

The graphics/environment is still great for 2002.

Holy {censored} its 10 years old isn't it? facepalm.gif

Funny enough, Morrowind is the reason I bought an original Xbox and Skyrim is the reason I bought a 360. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

.....again. I forgot how awesome this game is. It's refreshing to play a game that doesn't tell you exactly where to go. Also I missed floating around. love.gif

lol. Yep, I started playing Morrowind a while back and have the permanent telepathy with bound bow on a ring and use it a lot, also using the XBox 360. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kerouac

View Post

Never was able to get into Morrowind or Oblivion, but I LOVE Skyrim.

Hmm, odd. I think they were perfect with Morrowind and then slightly went downhill. Oblivion and Skyrim, as provinces, just aren't as exciting as Morrowind. You get some of that Oblivion/Imperial City feel when you get off of Vvardenfall and head to the mainland and Mournhold.

• Members

View Post

Hmm, odd. I think they were perfect with Morrowind and then slightly went downhill. Oblivion and Skyrim, as provinces, just aren't as exciting as Morrowind.

Yep, Morrowind's got a lot more going on culturally and geographically, but that suits the lore and canon. Oblivion (the game) fell short of expectations, but Skyrim (the game) picked it back up. I'd say where Morrowind was a Hole-In-One on a par 5, Skyrim was an Eagle.

• Members

I tried Morrowind several times. I've probably put ~20 hours into it over the course of several sittings. Nothing ever grabbed me. The story, the gameplay, the pacing... The game is well put-together, but it's still crap. I don't mind taking time to dig into a game, to find direction, understand the world, become informed on various factions, tactics, equipment, and so forth. I enjoy it, actually. But so help me, Bethesda keeps forgetting to make the games fun. Fallout New Vegas has been the closest, but still off the mark.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

I tried Morrowind several times. I've probably put ~20 hours into it over the course of several sittings. Nothing ever grabbed me. The story, the gameplay, the pacing... The game is well put-together, but it's still crap. I don't mind taking time to dig into a game, to find direction, understand the world, become informed on various factions, tactics, equipment, and so forth. I enjoy it, actually. But so help me, Bethesda keeps forgetting to make the games fun. Fallout New Vegas has been the closest, but still off the mark.

I'm sorry you're dead inside.

Quote Originally Posted by esizer

View Post

I loved Morrowind! I liked the fact that the loot wasn't leveled to what you were. You could go find a bunch of godly stuff right off the bat...and fail the main quest line pretty much instantly by killing that annoying SOB.

Yeah, that was cool about the loot. Except nothing pissed me off more than getting some daedric axe worth 50k and having NO WHERE to sell it. mad.gif Why give me cool stuff if I can't get big monies for it? cry.gif

Archived