OT: Do any of you have trouble with rescue dogs?

Ron Burgandy

• Members

I'm kinda with Kenny here. I also wouldn't be above going to the 24 hour pet hospital. We've had several of our pets into the overnight emergency hospital over the years. Here the charge is $75 on top of what you'd normally be charged. That's fine by use if it saves the pet a night of pain.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

I mean she SHOULD be fine, but it may be worth it to look into this:

im just such a spaz about my pups, that if the vet is booked, I will try anything and everything in the mean time lol.

I'm with you and asked her the same thing. She eased my concern because I asked if I should take my pup to the 24 hour place. She basically said my dog would be fine but if it eased my mind then it wouldn't hurt anything. This is a lady that has prompted me to take other pets to the emergency place so I don't consider her careless.

I'll grab some Cystex and keep an eye on her. Thanks, man!

• Members

Dude, sorry to hear that. You have two beautiful pups.

I'll tell you what I used on our little girl dog when she had a UTI. I have this stuff called CranFlush that's made by North American Herb and Spice. I just shook it up, filled the dropper full, and squeezed it into her mouth ad she lapped it up. Cleared up in a day and shalt. So if you can get any, I'd highly recommend trying it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elemenope

View Post

I've had this trouble with every dog and cat I've ever had. This is why I no longer do pets that aren't caged.

None of my dogs (all three adopted, at from 2 months to a couple years old) I've had and trained as an adult would {censored} or piss in the house unless they're sick. My dogs won't eat until I tell them they can. They sit outside the room until I tell them ok.

You've got to train them right, and let them be dogs enough of the time to get it out of their system, that's all there is to it. The only dogs I see with issues are abused and/or neglected dogs (often both, and this includes not letting them be a dog and trying to turn them into little furry people). Toys create anxiety in some dogs too, and make them more territorial as well if the wrong types of play/activity are encouraged.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

Picked up the Cystex and trying that until Monday smile.gif

Most anything was cheaper than calling the carpet cleaners out twice a week at $130 a pop freak.gif

Dude, buy your own steam cleaner! cop.gif

Mojo on the doggy problems. In a way, I hope its a UTI cause that can be fixed pretty easy.

I'm not a dog guy but your pups are cute as hell. We've been lucky with our kitties that no major issues have cropped up, but our oldest is almost 11 now so I hope nothing happens anytime soon.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Dude, buy your own steam cleaner! cop.gif

Mojo on the doggy problems. In a way, I hope its a UTI cause that can be fixed pretty easy.

I'm not a dog guy but your pups are cute as hell. We've been lucky with our kitties that no major issues have cropped up, but our oldest is almost 11 now so I hope nothing happens anytime soon.

Oh I have a sweet steam cleaner but it only does so much and I don't have time to clean the entire place most days.

I'm using the thing to clean sections when they happen but it got to the point that twice a week it was worth it to pay them to clean the entire place. Gotta be sure with my kids playing around.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

Oh I have a sweet steam cleaner but it only does so much and I don't have time to clean the entire place most days.

I'm using the thing to clean sections when they happen but it got to the point that twice a week it was worth it to pay them to clean the entire place. Gotta be sure with my kids playing around.

Very true! And I was just giving you {censored} anyway. Hope you can get things straightened out with your pup. I wish animals could talk so they could tell us WTF is going on.

I'm pretty sure cats would just say insane {censored} like they're on drugs most of the time, and pugs would probably just say "huh, huh, huh, huh, huh, huh, huh" all the time, but it'd sure make it simpler to figure out how to help them.

• Members

Yes I had a long haired jack russel ( he lives with my parents now) and he was a rescue dog, basicly dog training is the answer. My mother fell in love with my dog and took him for a while when I went traverling and took him dog training every week since then he has been very good and very loyal.

He pees inside now but that's due to old age.

• Members

None of that sounds like anything related to a rescue dog....any dog could have these issues. A vet visit is a good idea....also the loss of your other dog is a possible reason. Could be her trying to assert dominance in the situation

Look up the 2 week shutdown and after your vet clears any illness, implement it. It's not harsh or cruel....just resetting the balance of the home. I advocate this with ANY adult dog brought into a new home...works wonders to increase the bond between dog/owner, set the balance in the house, prevent unwanted behavior. And you can do the 2 week shutdown at any point if you feel things are getting too out of control with behavior.

Good on you for adopting and not giving in biggrin.gif

• Members

Ive got two, a lab/sharpei (male) and a greyhound (female). The greyhound just pissed on the floor about an hour ago. I crate them both during the day when I am gone but to be honest, the lab would probably be fine. She just hasnt been out of the racing kennel for too long and I have only had her a month. I dont know what triggered this today but I did run them on the beach kind of far last night.

Archived