NGD - I'm done for a while!

sleewell

• Members

Got this yesterday in a trade for my 60s gibby tribute studio from fellow awesome HC forumite twisty571. He is a great dude and the transaction went perfectly.

PRS starla. the bigsby was removed before i got it hence the holes, debating what to do with them. but i have found my new #1!!!! played it at band practice last night and fell in love. feels like a really well crafted guitar; the neck is perfect - just wide enough and very fast. i didnt even have time to change the strings and it stayed in tune all practice. the pickups seem ideal for my style; the neck is very throaty without being dull and the bridge is just hot enough and not shrill.

at any rate given some unforeseen stuff popping up in my life my rig is done for the time being and i couldnt be happier. time to focus on music and life and not the next piece of gear!!! i got speakers in the mako cab too, its freaking amazing. write up with clips coming soon!!

prs.jpg

rig shot:

iii.jpg

band shot with crazy yogi eyes:

pppp.jpg

• Members

Now, we need some clips
:lol::cop:

Thanks all!!! yeah I know I need to get some clips. lotsa {censored} going down right now, will explain in due time. life is beautiful though, could not be happier. just wish there were more hours in the day.

• Members

How does it play now you have had a couple days with it?

got it yesterday morning, played it breifly at lunch and then last night at practice. but it feels like a guitar i have owned for a long time, just feels right and comfortable in my hands. i like the scale, i like the neck, i like the weight, i like the pickups, i like how the volume knob scales back perfectly, i like the color, i love the sound.

honeymoon period for sure (gushing much, lol) but i have always had a stiffy for a real PRS so its been a long time coming.

• Members

its all good, i really dont care. bob is one of my best friends and a really good person but i know people judge with their eyes. my sleeve cost more than many people's cars and i love it but i know people at my work who claim to be my friend when i have dress clothes on would look down on me. at the end of the day that is all just wasted energy and baggage and i do my best to look past it and just keep winning. i just posted the pic bc i loved yogi's lazer eyes, lol.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
I just put new Boomer 10's on before I sent wave.gif glad you like and thanks for the smooth deal thumb.gif
thanks!!!!!! thats funny, boomers are my string of choice too.

thank you very much for a great trade!!! guitar was packed really well and i got it 2 days after we agreed on the trade.

Archived