Star Wars 7 - Nerf-Herder Discussion..

FearTheVoices

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

in Episode II Palpatine told Anakin he knew a way to cheat death.. Obviously clones where introduced in the same movie. No real back story as to why.. just some Jedi ordered Clones that died.

Fast forward post Jedi.. I can't recall but there is a book. That the Emperor has cloned himself.. Several clones at various ages. When Darth Vader thru the Emperor down the shaft in Jedi.. that was a the original.. In the book that is post Jedi the Emperors soul or essence is pass from the dying clone to the next.

Luke in these books finds out about these clones and begins to hunt for them. I cant recall... but Vader has something to do with this as well.. i think the Emperor has used the Vader suit as a way to bring fear in his sightings.

Another logical possibility is Lukes son Ben Skywalker and Han & Leia's son Anakin Solo as the new duo.. You would have Luke as a aged and seasoned Jedi Master.. and Han Solo as a wise older individual. I would imagine Luke and Han would be back ground characters..while Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo being obviously the lead roles of the movie.

• Members

in Episode II Palpatine told Anakin he knew a way to cheat death.. Obviously clones where introduced in the same movie. No real back story as to why.. just some Jedi ordered Clones that died.

Fast forward post Jedi.. I can't recall but there is a book. That the Emperor has cloned himself.. Several clones at various ages. When Darth Vader thru the Emperor down the shaft in Jedi.. that was a the original.. In the book that is post Jedi the Emperors soul or essence is pass from the dying clone to the next.

Luke in these books finds out about these clones and begins to hunt for them. I cant recall... but Vader has something to do with this as well.. i think the Emperor has used the Vader suit as a way to bring fear in his sightings.

Another logical possibility is Lukes son Ben Skywalker and Han & Leia's son Anakin Solo as the new duo.. You would have Luke as a aged and seasoned Jedi Master.. and Han Solo as a wise older individual. I would imagine Luke and Han would be back ground characters..while Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo being obviously the lead roles of the movie.

I never read the post books, heard they were great though. BUT, it has already been confirmed that the next story will not follow the books...

• Members

John Williams' music is the only thing palatable about the prequel trilogy. In fact, it makes the whole damn thing a-okay, because it's awesome.

not when it is on all of the time!

And i want to see GL get raped by a wookie

• Members

Whatever they do, they need to realize what made the originals fantastic, and not do what they did with the latest Indiana Jones movie. In the originals (Star Wars and Indiana Jones), the characters didn't tell jokes, they reacted to the situation, and happened to say something that was clever in the moment. In the newest Indiana Jones, all of the jokes fell flat because they felt like jokes. Same thing with Jar Jar and the prequels. Give me interesting characters with some depth who don't look like they're reading cue cards, give them dialogue that feels appropriate, and use AS LITTLE CGI AS POSSIBLE. I don't want to watch a video game, I want to watch a film.

• Members

I'd like to see them incorporate a Kingdom Hearts feel into the series, but with more musical elements. Maybe our loveable heroes can go on an adventure from planet to planet and help out characters from the most popular Disney films. I can already picture "Star Wars Episode VII: The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in my mind.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by redeye5

View Post

I would like to see a character based story line rather than CGI infested space politics.cop.gif

This... So much this.

Sci-fi movies have become so cartoonish since CGI has become the law of the land. I actually prefer the old visual fx from movies like the original trilogy and movies of that era to the CGI crapfests that they put out now.

"Ooh look, we animated every hair on the wookie's ass individually, because it would be easier than putting a guy in a wookie suit even though it worked perfectly in the original movies".

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Marshredder View Post
You guys know there was an episode 3 1/2 film.

I {censored} you know, my mind was blown when I found out.

Original cast, made as a holiday special between the original and empire strikes. It was so terrible that george lucas demanded that all available originals were destroyed, but you can find it on the internet. It follows chewie and hans as they go to find chewies family.

Heres a clip. I {censored} you not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7v6OapFp9w
I saw this as a 6 year old when it originally aired. Vaguely remember thinking at the time "this is not good at all."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by skibob

View Post

This... So much this.

Sci-fi movies have become so cartoonish since CGI has become the law of the land. I actually prefer the old visual fx from movies like the original trilogy and movies of that era to the CGI crapfests that they put out now.

"Ooh look, we animated every hair on the wookie's ass individually, because it would be easier than putting a guy in a wookie suit even though it worked perfectly in the original movies".

So true...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Furtive

View Post

I saw this as a 6 year old when it originally aired. Vaguely remember thinking at the time "this is not good at all."

Yeah, I saw it back then, too, and thought the same thing. Lucas was at least very correct regarding wanting to find and burn every single copy of that pos. biggrin.gif

Archived