Zoom Multistomp

peavey_impact

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by satannica

View Post

But, my latest kick now is I'm back on single pedals. I realised I don't need 98498676 effect combinations and I'm running happy with a modest board with 6-7 things on it.

I've tried them all too, the g3 is perfect for my needs...small footprint, works perfect in the loop for delays, reverb, and mods...no need for the amp models

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by satannica

View Post

Didn't want to derail this dude's thread... posting up anew...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...nd-Peavey-6505

Thanks for taking the time to do that man! Honestly though it's not a fair comparison (one in a mix and one raw guitar) your POD clip sounds a billion times better than the 6505 clip to me!

The second tone in the POD clip was the best IMO.

Anyways, this Zoom is sooo cheap I'm going to buy one just to check it out. I think it would be cool to have boss-sized pedal on my board that I could assign any effect I wanted to!

As it stands my Yamaha THR10 is far and away the best modeling unit I've played personally, so it sets the bar high! Anxious to see if the Zoom's modeling can hold a candle to it (though the effects are really the only thing I will likely use).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Thanks for taking the time to do that man! Honestly though it's not a fair comparison (one in a mix and one raw guitar) your POD clip sounds a billion times better than the 6505 clip to me!

The second tone in the POD clip was the best IMO.

Anyways, this Zoom is sooo cheap I'm going to buy one just to check it out. I think it would be cool to have boss-sized pedal on my board that I could assign any effect I wanted to!

As it stands my Yamaha THR10 is far and away the best modeling unit I've played personally, so it sets the bar high! Anxious to see if the Zoom's modeling can hold a candle to it (though the effects are really the only thing I will likely use).

The pod clip was just done as per request biggrin.gif hahaha. I'll do something with it all in a mix at some point when I get some time.

I'm interested in one of those Yamahas myself. They seem like a neat little practise amp with a smaller footprint than my Vyper.

• Members

I like the diezel simulation a lot

How much the multi stomp cost? If with a bit more you can get a g3 used I'd go for that. You can just name it, three stompboxes in one (you can assign one to each footswitch) and that represents and even better value for example. Regardless of the amp models, I'd go as far as to say that the analog stage on the multistomp vs g3 vs g5 is what it could differentiate each even on the same "patch"/amp model.

• Members

I like the diezel simulation a lot

How much does the multi stomp cost? If with a bit more you can get a g3 used I'd go for that. You can just name it, three stompboxes in one (you can assign one to each footswitch) and that represents and even better value for example. Regardless of the amp models, I'd go as far as to say that the analog stage on the multistomp vs g3 vs g5 is what it could differentiate each even on the same "patch"/amp model.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieslayer

View Post

Lol.

If the Multistomp can use these amps / get these tones... damn that would be cool.

That does sound damn good!

You guys can be sure that I will be putting the Multistomp to the test, when I actually get one in my hands. I have a bit of an addiction for modeling/direct recording devices icon_lol.gif

• Members

I bought the MultiStomp two days ago and returned it yesterday to the store. Totally unusable for my needs. The crunch tones are pathetic. I could see a use for it when it comes to modulation, but I needed a second crunch pedal and the MultiStomp just doesn't cut it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bierball

View Post

I bought the MultiStomp two days ago and returned it yesterday to the store. Totally unusable for my needs. The crunch tones are pathetic. I could see a use for it when it comes to modulation, but I needed a second crunch pedal and the MultiStomp just doesn't cut it.

Never buy digital moderlers for distortion only for FX.

How was the fx?

Archived