Zoom Multistomp

peavey_impact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn after doing some research I really want one now. It has 8 amp and cab models (cab modeling can be switched off), 47 effects, a tuner, and tap tempo for the delays. You can have up to six effects in a patch (including amp/cab models). You can arrange the patches in any order you'd like so you can scroll through them perfectly for each song. You can manipulate the order of the effects in the chain. It takes two AA batteries and has a battery life of seven hours. It has an instrument or line level option. There's also a USB port for firmware updates. All for $100.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsullivan

View Post

You can scroll through patches and set their order. At least I think you can.

Yeah but playing live you can't have "Rythmn patch", then hit the "solo lead patch", then hit the "clean patch", and then back to the rythmn patch".

Didnt realize it was only $99!

It's damn amazing for this price

I think i actully may buy one as i've been thinking about buying a delay pedal, and this is that and soo much more for a lot less than most stand alone digital dely pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer

View Post

Yeah but playing live you can't have "Rythmn patch", then hit the "solo lead patch", then hit the "clean patch", and then back to the rythmn patch".

Didnt realize it was only $99!

It's damn amazing for this price

I think i actully may buy one as i've been thinking about buying a delay pedal, and this is that and soo much more for a lot less than most stand alone digital dely pedals.

You could do that, but you would just have to make identical patches and place them in that specific order. Not exactly perfect, but for a single pedal space and $99, this thing doesn't seem to have much competition. If they have them at GC I might try one out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

I have heard that they are very close.

Really no. The effects on both are good, but the sound out the end is completely different. If your intention is to DI to your PC for recording and you're on a strict budget, then I guess Zoom - but even then, you could just get a cheaper Pod HD.

After playing with both - both as a potential live rig with a Marshall EL34 power amp and recording guide tracks - the Pod HD was just 100% better in every way I could imagine. The interface is more intuitive, the amp models are more believable and react so much nicer, the PC editor is easier to work with, the switchgear feels far better put together, the expression pedal on the HD500 is brilliant, the one on the G5 is just completely pathetic, it feels like a toy! The wahs are crap on both of them (though I'm too used to my Bad Horsie 2) and on a stage with lights, the LED readout on both are difficult to read (though I am a blind {censored}er).

Flat out, Zoom is great if you're on a budget and will make the owner very happy. The Pod is just the right tool for the job!

• Members

Funny how people's oppinions vary. Disregarding the pod's excellent interface-footswitching abilities and such, I've got a friend who is 100% in the opposite oppinion from you. He compared the g3 vs his pod HD and he can't get pass the muddiness on the pod. The pod is now gone in favour of the 11R then axe-fx. The zoom just sounds more open, instantly better and is more dynamic in the players digging and techinque. I also don't agree for the budget comment. He also liked the zooms quality of construction more and the g3 is cheap but it is so without employing the full size controller format the HD 300 does for example. The g5 is also close to the price of the 300, well not so close but close and has again less footswitching capabilities. So for what the pods offer they aren't more expensive for me. The core sound though, I also happen like the g series more, unfortunately in almost every instance, clean crunch heavy. I still like the pod as a product and I think line6 does a great copycat job for the identity of each amp. But this, has got nothing to do with how one feels and reacts when playing them.

• Members

Well, I've had the benefit of owning every one of the popular modellers around these days for varying lengths of time and trying it out in most situations I would personally use it for. It goes without saying the Axe FX of course sounded the best of all of them, but it also comes with a price tag to suit. I don't need the flexibility or options the Axe FX offers, espcially when the expsense of a power amp and cab is added into the mix. Clearly others do, so all cool.

IMO, the units available these days, that is the G5, Pod HD, 11Rack and Axe FX are pretty much priced in a you get what you pay for hierarchy. The cheapest, being the G3/G5 I found too limited in how they sounded and their construction. The Alien amp just sounds pitiful IMO and the others aren't much better. I felt very uninspired despite really trying for a couple of days.

The Pod HD sounds much better to me in almost every regard and the hardware is much nicer to use for a modest cost increase. In fact, I sold off my JTM45 and my JCM800 2203 on the back of the Pod HD models - it wasn't my intention, they just became redundant. Specifically, the JTM45 was a dead ringer on ABing them; the JCM800 wasn't quite, but I'm perfectly happy with the modelled tone.

However, even if they weren't dead ringers, I'd still be happy with what I get from the Pod HD. I'm not saying the Pod is perfect, there's plenty I find annoying. In fact I would say I preferred the 11 Rack in terms of sound quality alone. However, the pod is priced at a point where I'm happy with what I get for what I paid for it (though in my case,

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Satannica - i've seen the various threads you made about pod Hd, the axe-fx that you had for like a week or two, but where are the clips??

I think I might have seen you post one ancient clip since Ive been posting here. Whip something up with your new gear and share!!

LOL. The thought didn't occur. What would you like to hear?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by satannica

View Post

Well, I've had the benefit of owning every one of the popular modellers around these days for varying lengths of time and trying it out in most situations I would personally use it for. It goes without saying the Axe FX of course sounded the best of all of them, but it also comes with a price tag to suit. I don't need the flexibility or options the Axe FX offers, espcially when the expsense of a power amp and cab is added into the mix. Clearly others do, so all cool.

IMO, the units available these days, that is the G5, Pod HD, 11Rack and Axe FX are pretty much priced in a you get what you pay for hierarchy. The cheapest, being the G3/G5 I found too limited in how they sounded and their construction. The Alien amp just sounds pitiful IMO and the others aren't much better. I felt very uninspired despite really trying for a couple of days.

The Pod HD sounds much better to me in almost every regard and the hardware is much nicer to use for a modest cost increase. In fact, I sold off my JTM45 and my JCM800 2203 on the back of the Pod HD models - it wasn't my intention, they just became redundant. Specifically, the JTM45 was a dead ringer on ABing them; the JCM800 wasn't quite, but I'm perfectly happy with the modelled tone.

However, even if they weren't dead ringers, I'd still be happy with what I get from the Pod HD. I'm not saying the Pod is perfect, there's plenty I find annoying. In fact I would say I preferred the 11 Rack in terms of sound quality alone. However, the pod is priced at a point where I'm happy with what I get for what I paid for it (though in my case,

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieslayer

View Post

the HD series has an Engl Fireball model, Powerball was XT/X3.

I'm really more interested in the FX on this Zoom multistomp, because I was thinking about the L6 M5, but 6 FX at once > 1. The L6 has MIDI though, which I like.

Ironically, I was initially after a Line 6 M13 and I didn't realise that the HD500 was even available. I just wanted some quick and easy multi effects so I could 4CM with my amp. After trying the HD500, together with the Zoom, Boss and Digitech models at that time, I took the HD500.

But, my latest kick now is I'm back on single pedals. I realised I don't need 98498676 effect combinations and I'm running happy with a modest board with 6-7 things on it.

Archived