UK types: anyone in receipt of benefits?

satannica

• Members

So, after a 70 hour week last week (32 of which were unpaid), I'm a rather tired little man.

However, I just heard from a good friend of mine who, let's just say it, hasn't worked a day in his life. His main problem this morning is that he recently got moved into a brand new 3-bed coucil house. He's whining as he's been up since 7am waiting for painters to arrive to change the colours in his kids bedrooms, which the local council is paying for.

I have to ask. I'm frankly right tired of this working malarky. I've studied hard in life and done well academically and struggled to find companies who didn't demonize such achievements. I've worked an average of 70 hours a week throughout 2011 and 2012 at different companies. But I'm just beat. I'm knackered!

So the question is: how do I trade in this life of servitude for a life on benefits? I mean, damn, it seems almost every non-worker I know does pretty well despite not working. Brand new cars, Xboxes for the kids, at least a week's holiday every year. Working for your beans is a suckers' game!

What forms do I need? Should I break a leg? I plan to do this when Miliband gets into power! I mean, Marxism sounds fantastic so long as you're on the right side of the coin, eh? I say, let one of his fantastic migrant workers pay the taxes, I don't care anymore!

Really, how do I pull this off? I just can't be bothered to chase my tail working anymore! I wanna hang out all day recording music; I wanna polish my free brand new car; I wanna spend some quality time in the free gym building muscles and looking awesome like all the chavs on the estate!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Funny, all the people I know who aren't in work are struggling to make ends meet, relying on family and friends to support them. I think you've posted this in the wrong forum, though... isn't there a discussion board on the Daily Mail's website?confused.gif

• Members

Here in the states theres a family in my neighborhood that is in a 4 bedroom house that would rent for 2000.00 a month

and they get it with Section 8 which is basically free. They have a boat, the head of the family goes fishing most of the week and 2 out of the 4 of the family drive Lexus cars.

I dont know how they do it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

Funny, all the people I know who aren't in work are struggling to make ends meet, relying on family and friends to support them.

This. I don't know anyone who is doing well who isn't working. When I was out of work for a while a couple of years back it was ridiculously hard. Your friends sound very lucky! Where do they live? I'll send the posse.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

This. I don't know anyone who is doing well who isn't working. When I was out of work for a while a couple of years back it was ridiculously hard. Your friends sound very lucky! Where do they live? I'll send the posse.

I've had a spout of unemployment too; Jobseekers allowance is pathetic and, because my previous role was contract, I had to pay all mine back.

It irks me how some just seem to have a "Get out of life free" card... how the feck do they do it?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by satannica View Post
I've had a spout of unemployment too; Jobseekers allowance is pathetic and, because my previous role was contract, I had to pay all mine back.

It irks me how some just seem to have a "Get out of life free" card... how the feck do they do it?
Yeah I had to pay mine back as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

Or he friends are drug dealers. I blame the conservative goverment and the daily mail.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by satannica

View Post

I plan to do this when Miliband gets into power

I will be bloody amazed if that ever happens!

As much as I despised the Tories of the Thatcher era, I must admit that I don't have a single issue with the Cameron government. In fact I find myself applauding them on a regular basis! It must be old age setting in... icon_lol.gif

Labour showed that even their A-Team were a complete bunch of incompetent {censored}wits.

As it stands I'm expecting a comprehensive Tory victory at the next General Election and the limp-wristed Lib Dem's to lose a lot of seats.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth Man

View Post

I will be bloody amazed if that ever happens!

As much as I despised the Tories of the Thatcher era, I must admit that I don't have a single issue with the Cameron government. In fact I find myself applauding them on a regular basis! It must be old age setting in... icon_lol.gif

Labour showed that even their A-Team were a complete bunch of incompetent {censored}wits.

As it stands I'm expecting a comprehensive Tory victory at the next General Election and the limp-wristed Lib Dem's to lose a lot of seats.

The complete illusion of choice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat

View Post

Here in the states theres a family in my neighborhood that is in a 4 bedroom house that would rent for 2000.00 a month

and they get it with Section 8 which is basically free. They have a boat, the head of the family goes fishing most of the week and 2 out of the 4 of the family drive Lexus cars.

I dont know how they do it.

BREAKING-BAD_320.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Oops-A-Paisley

View Post

The complete illusion of choice.

I don't vote on political ideology, I vote for the candidate that I think is most capable. There isn't anyone in the Shadow Cabinet that I see as being competent enough to be involved in running the country.

To my mind, the only real thing of value that I recall Labour doing was introducing the minimum wage. The rest of their reign was just a demonstration of how inept and unfit they were to govern.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth Man

View Post

I don't vote on political ideology, I vote for the candidate that I think is most capable. There isn't anyone in the Shadow Cabinet that I see as being competent enough to be involved in running the country.

To my mind, the only real thing of value that I recall Labour doing was introducing the minimum wage. The rest of their reign was just a demonstration of how inept and unfit they were to govern.

The first half was good they lost it when Brown had more control

I remember how half assed John Major was too.

• Members
The first half was good they lost it when Brown had more control

I remember how half assed John Major was too.

God, yeah, the Tories were beyond a joke at that point. I was extremely happy when the Labour landslide happened. Pity it turned out to be a case of "Emperor's new clothes".

Brown is the worst PM, and one of the worst chancellors, in history. It still enrages me that he sold off our gold at the bottom of the market and how he slimed his way into being PM. Can't stand that bloke. :mad:

• Members

It still amazes me how any person who works hard for a living can put his X in the box next to labour's on voting day. It just baffles me.

Blair was out for the so-called middle classes the second he set foot in office. He led us through years of squandering what the tories had built up, demonized anyone who did anything other than suck at life and finished the country off with an illegal war we couldn't afford and left us with an inept fool of an unelected prime minister. Meanwhile, he's off hiring more ex-Barclays head honchos to further his insider trading, dodgy deals, middle eastern exploits all to line his own pockets; all from the generations of tax payers he sold out. How this {censored}er isn't on the news hanging I don't know! How there aren't Panorama investigations into this dodgy creep beggars belief. I'd be very interested to know whose bodies he knows about!

I'm not loving the coalition we've got at the moment; it seems almost every decision Cameron wants to make is diluted before it reaches the gate with the plague of Lib Dem all over it. Vince Cable needs a car-alarm shoved up his arse! :p

Sadly, though I will always put my X next to Conservative - it's just not in me to go any other way - I rather feel it's Miliband's government in 2015. A prospect I find very very disturbing I may add. It really will plunge the country into the deepest depression it has ever seen. And, he'll even have the audacity to blame it on the coalition! Little {censored}ing turd!

• Members

So, after a 70 hour week last week (32 of which were unpaid), I'm a rather tired little man.

However, I just heard from a good friend of mine who, let's just say it, hasn't worked a day in his life. His main problem this morning is that he recently got moved into a brand new 3-bed coucil house. He's whining as he's been up since 7am waiting for painters to arrive to change the colours in his kids bedrooms, which the local council is paying for.

I have to ask. I'm frankly right tired of this working malarky. I've studied hard in life and done well academically and struggled to find companies who didn't demonize such achievements. I've worked an average of 70 hours a week throughout 2011 and 2012 at different companies. But I'm just beat. I'm knackered!

So the question is: how do I trade in this life of servitude for a life on benefits? I mean, damn, it seems almost every non-worker I know does pretty well despite not working. Brand new cars, Xboxes for the kids, at least a week's holiday every year. Working for your beans is a suckers' game!

What forms do I need? Should I break a leg? I plan to do this when Miliband gets into power! I mean, Marxism sounds fantastic so long as you're on the right side of the coin, eh? I say, let one of his fantastic migrant workers pay the taxes, I don't care anymore!

Really, how do I pull this off? I just can't be bothered to chase my tail working anymore! I wanna hang out all day recording music; I wanna polish my free brand new car; I wanna spend some quality time in the free gym building muscles and looking awesome like all the chavs on the estate!

it's easy.....just tell' em the truth....you're stark ravin' bonkers

• Members

It still amazes me how any person who works hard for a living can put his X in the box next to labour's on voting day. It just baffles me.

Blair was out for the so-called middle classes the second he set foot in office. He led us through years of squandering what the tories had built up, demonized anyone who did anything other than suck at life and finished the country off with an illegal war we couldn't afford and left us with an inept fool of an unelected prime minister. Meanwhile, he's off hiring more ex-Barclays head honchos to further his insider trading, dodgy deals, middle eastern exploits all to line his own pockets; all from the generations of tax payers he sold out. How this {censored}er isn't on the news hanging I don't know! How there aren't Panorama investigations into this dodgy creep beggars belief. I'd be very interested to know whose bodies he knows about!

I'm not loving the coalition we've got at the moment; it seems almost every decision Cameron wants to make is diluted before it reaches the gate with the plague of Lib Dem all over it. Vince Cable needs a car-alarm shoved up his arse!
:p

Sadly, though I will always put my X next to Conservative - it's just not in me to go any other way - I rather feel it's Miliband's government in 2015. A prospect I find very very disturbing I may add. It really will plunge the country into the deepest depression it has ever seen. And, he'll even have the audacity to blame it on the coalition! Little {censored}ing turd!

Don't worry you can post all those pictures of amps you say you have owned over the last year, while not earning any money. That will make you feel better.

:cop:

And then stop your subscription to the daily mail.

• Members

I've been on the dole before Some friends wouldn't go on the dole, but I have no problem with it - I work and pay taxes, so the government can give me some of that back while I'm between jobs. I never just doss around, always looking for work if I don't have any.

But yeah, you're right - you do get a lot more if you've never worked. However, you never really have the chance to get away from it the way you do by working - you're on a pretty base level, for life.

It is a choice you have to make early though cos if you start the working game you're {censored}ed!

There is an issue that maybe that base level is too high, but it's a broad system and quite PC so some folk are able to manipulate it. Think of all the time you spent at uni or at work - if you applied all that to working the system you could be living the dole dream!

As for the Tories/Labour back and forth..... one of the main reasons I'm all for Scottish independence - it's a break from that retarded system. I don't like either of those parties and they probably don't like me!

The SNP have been a pretty good government party though recently I think Salmond is starting to {censored} it up by lying to parliament and things - stupid politicians letting power get to them. He had been good up til then.

Archived