Amps You Have SOLD and then Bought Again

yell03

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hasn't happened yet. But if it does, it'll likely be the Budda SD18 combo. Didn't keep that one nearly long enough before I decided it "wasn't for me" & passed it on. Has haunted me ever since, lol.

I did, however, sell my Banzai Fireball 2 overdrive a while back, only to decide I really needed it, so I hunted one down on the Bay & bought it.

Turned out to be the exact same pedal I'd sold a year before. I mean the same item, not the same make/model ~ the very pedal! facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by martyr40

View Post

I've been fortunate and never had to sell gear that I still wanted... but gear has crossed my path that I wish were mine..... things that were lent to me, things I borrowed but.......

I don't regret any map sales I made. Soldano, Carvin, Trace Eliot, Peavey...Some nice amps, but the ones I have now are better

• Members

Carvin X100 212 combo and X100B head. If there was enough room I'd try to get the half stack that's currently in a pawn down the street. biggrin.gif

Peavey Rockmaster preamp. The first one I had didn't do much for me, but then I read about mods for them, got another one, modded it a bit, and it's pretty cool IMO.

Also, I previously had a 5150, sold it, and ended up with a 6505+.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica View Post
Carvin X100 212 combo and X100B head. If there was enough room I'd try to get the half stack that's currently in a pawn down the street. biggrin.gif

Peavey Rockmaster preamp. The first one I had didn't do much for me, but then I read about mods for them, got another one, modded it a bit, and it's pretty cool IMO.

Also, I previously had a 5150, sold it, and ended up with a 6505+.
Carvin X100 212 combo and X100B head

sweet. classic

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by yell03

View Post

How long has it been with Peters?

March of 2007, when I bought a Gryphon. Before that, I'd have a hard time remembering all of the old Marshalls I bought and sold. A bunch of high gain amps in between. But I've only bought Peters amps since 2007. Recovering addict, or just found the best fix. I guess it depends on how you look at it. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96

View Post

March of 2007, when I bought a Gryphon. Before that, I'd have a hard time remembering all of the old Marshalls I bought and sold. A bunch of high gain amps in between. But I've only bought Peters amps since 2007. Recovering addict, or just found the best fix. I guess it depends on how you look at it. biggrin.gif

It sounds like you found the best fix!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stompboxfreak72 View Post
Splawn QR.

Had a 2009 and tried to like it but just could not. Got my 2012 a few weeks ago and its definetly a different amp. It slays the 2009. Very glad I revisited the QR.
yep Scott is making some good moves

• Members

5150, I bought my first block letter one (which was beat to hell) for like $250, used it for a few years as my only amp, then sold it for around $400...literally like a month later they 'discontinued' the 5150 for the 6505, and the block letters were going for $6-800 on ebay!!

A few years later I decided I needed at least 2-3 amps and really wanted another 5150, I shopped around forever til I found a local sig one for $300 in decent shape, and snagged that... Had it for maybe a year or two, and sold it to fund an engl blackmore.

If I'm ever back into playing out & recording like I used to be, I'd consider buying another for the right price.

• Members

Only amp I have sold and bought again is the JCM 900 4100 Dual Reverb. First one I owned was a late 90s version I purchased in my teens with 6L6s. Sold it a few years later, only to buy a '93 version of the amp with EL34s years later. Got the high gain mod done to it, and now it's a keeper.

Archived