Amps You Have SOLD and then Bought Again

yell03

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Peavey 5150. I've owned 6, none at the same time. Best bang for buck for my sound at the time and I never learned that facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL. I've owned 4, one upgraded with Mercury Magnetics transformers and power choke (which, BTW, was the worst sounding of the bunch). The amp I have owned the longest was a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50. I had that amp for almost 4 years.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Since I started this thread things have changed

I sold my Blues Jr III, this is like 4 Blues Juniors I've bought and sold and I returned my 2nd Egnater Tweaker Head, however I exchanged it for a Egnater Tweaker 40 Head, I just had to have channel switching.

I also bought a Jet City JCA22H head, another channel switcher.

The Tweaker 40 and Jet City JCA22H are brand new amps for me, I've never owned either before.

The cycle starts again.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wanderoo222 View Post
Do's looking to replace count? I really miss the tweaker 15 I sold back when My wife was in nursing school and we needed some tuition cash. I'm getting another any day now!
I just exchanged my second Tweaker 15 for a Tweaker 40, great amps.
I actually like the Tweaker 15 better for low volume, but I need two channels.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger

View Post

I love it. Thick and warm like a tube amp with solid state price and low maintenance.

I've read a lot of good reviews regarding the Velocity amps. I'm thinking of getting the Velocity 100. I've already got a 22 Caliber but it doesn't go well with my Rockmaster preamp (sounds great with the AMT preamps though).

• Members

2 H&K Edition Tube 20th anniversary amps - I occasionally look for another every now & then. facepalm.gif

2 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amps. I think about this one from time to time also. facepalm.gif

Had an EVH 5153 100 watt and now have a 50 watter. Although I'd eventually like a 100 watt head again. facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Goop View Post
I've read a lot of good reviews regarding the Velocity amps. I'm thinking of getting the Velocity 100. I've already got a 22 Caliber but it doesn't go well with my Rockmaster preamp (sounds great with the AMT preamps though).

You gotta get the 300. The 100 doesn't have the reactance control, which acts like a resonance control and is essential for dialing it its warmth.

Archived