Hi, Im having chest pains.

Snappy Hat

• Members

*edit, pain is gone false alarm its all ok now thxs.

Not like in the middle of my chest but feels more like
the muscles between my ribs on each side of the sternum.

If i press in between the ribs I can feel it go away a bit
so I think that rules out the big one.

confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRotary13b

View Post

If it goes away when you press on it or move its not a heart attack.. It could be several things though. Most likely nothing severe. I get those all the time.

Ya I hope so. I think I sleep wrong on my side all the time and its just strained . Main thing is the pain goes

away on the pressing. And I can breath normal .

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat

View Post

Ya I hope so. I think I sleep wrong on my side all the time and its just strained . Main thing is the pain goes

away on the pressing. And I can breath normal .

Take a deep breath or two, then stop for a few seconds. Have you been doing a lot of pushups or bench presses lately, as well? If it only hurts when breathing, it could be something with the lungs but is likely related to muscles around the rib cage since you also notice a difference in pain with applying pressure. Chest pain is nothing to mess with guessing on, though, and is something to get to an ER about if it seems to feel like a band of tightness around your chest, if the same pain gets bad, and/or if you feel the pain radiating to the left arm and/or jaw, notice any difference in how easy or difficult it is to breathe, etc...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

Take a deep breath or two, then stop for a few seconds. Have you been doing a lot of pushups or bench presses lately, as well? If it only hurts when breathing, it could be something with the lungs but is likely related to muscles around the rib cage since you also notice a difference in pain with applying pressure. Chest pain is nothing to mess with guessing on, though, and is something to get to an ER about if it seems to feel like a band of tightness around your chest, if the same pain gets bad, and/or if you feel the pain radiating to the left arm and/or jaw, notice any difference in how easy or difficult it is to breathe, etc...

Nothing with the breathing . Breathing is fine and I think I have massaged the area out from the ribs . .

Its very central to just a small spot about inch in diameter. No pushups or bench presses but in the New years

resolutions post I said I have to fap less redface.gif .

• Members

Heart problems:

- Chest Pain which differs in description from person to person, but generally described as a pressure/burning/pain/squeezing

- Pain extends to jaw, back or left arm

- Pain originates and radiates from the center of the chest

- Cold sweat, nausea, difficulty breathing

- Onset during/after exercise or emotional stress

Not likely heart problem:

- Pain only when breathing a certain way

- Pain only when sitting in certain positions

- Pain is constant and slow onset, accompanied with burping or other digestive discomforts

- Pain lasts several hours and doesn't worsen

- Stays in a small area, or clearly on one side

Additional:

- Bloodwork will show high troponin (I/T) levels if there is heart damage, and raised CK levels. The important one is the troponin level which indicates heart tissue repair in progress. CK level means muscle repair but can be any muscle in the body. Elevated CK might make the MD wait for 4-6 hours to verify that the troponin levels do not become positive.

- EKG will show different electrical function and indicate onset or ongoing heart attack, or normal function

- Stomach acid meds might be administered to verify if it clears the chest pain and try to rule out other problems promptly.

• Members

Do you know about trigger points ? If you don't they are basically hard knots in your muscles that build up under physical or emotional stress and then they start to radiate pain to other areas of your body. For instance, my father in law had thumb pain all the time and it came from a trigger point near his elbow. It could be entirely something else, but it might be interesting to know.

ps: it's not hollistic or anything of that kind, it is scientific, the muscle knots are visible with a scanner and very often you can feel them in a muscle.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar

View Post

Heart problems:

Not likely heart problem:

- Pain only when breathing a certain way

- Pain only when sitting in certain positions

- Pain is constant and slow onset, accompanied with burping or other digestive discomforts

- Pain lasts several hours and doesn't worsen

- Stays in a small area, or clearly on one side

Yes its all in the non heart attack part , thxs.

• Members

I had chest pains for 6 years straight between 24 and 30 years old. It started suddently while I was driving back from the gym.

At the beginning I thought I had heart issues so I got panic attac on top of that. I went to the ER several times and they sent me back with a couple of xanax.

At some point I got the whole checkup done by a cardiologist : effort test, heart ecography, scanner. They found nothing.

One day it just stopped.

go figure

but I can still feel the same kind of pain if I push lightly between my chest ribs

Archived