going to buy a 2-ch amp soon

guitarbilly74

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Anomaly

View Post

Oh I hear you, it's pretty much my favorite amp. The 84's do something for me with the tone, that other amps don't do.

Especially since I got mine for free, yeah it's pretty freaking sweet icon_lol.gif

It's a good thing I bought my bogner back when I was young and didn't have constant bills to pay. Because I'd never be able to afford/justify it now redface.gif And I'm becoming less and less picky about gear honestly.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by AizenX

View Post

DSL is tough to beat, but I second a JSX too. Traynor YCS50h is another extremely versatile, awesome sounding amp.

I haven't really tried the JSX other than playing it at a store. It sounded good but I would like to try one at band volume. I used to have a XXX and that amp was unimpressive at loud volumes tbh. On the other hand, the Ultra Plus was really awesome and they're pretty much from the same basic design.

And yeah the DSL is one of my favorites. If I get one, I will probably get the new one, which I think I like better tbh.. it's a great amp.

I've heard good things about the Traynor but never actually played one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

They give you blowjobs? {censored}, I'm buying one of those tew-DAY

Billy - damn, the Dallas CL is pretty legit so I can't complain but Gotdamn! icon_lol.gif

yeah i always check Austin or Dallas CL before Houston... not a lot of need for good br00tz gear for tejano/country snacks.gif

• Members

I haven't really tried the JSX other than playing it at a store. It sounded good but I would like to try one at band volume. I used to have a XXX and that amp was unimpressive at loud volumes tbh. On the other hand, the Ultra Plus was really awesome and they're pretty much from the same basic design.

And yeah the DSL is one of my favorites. If I get one, I will probably get the new one, which I think I like better tbh.. it's a great amp.

I've heard good things about the Traynor but never actually played one.

The JSX is awesome at band volumes. The master is actually pretty good. Other guitar player used one. I played one for like 2 practice sessions with them lol.

• Members

Did you break the volume pot on your guitar
:confused:

obviously not, since I've been using a single channel for about one year, but there is some compromise with it... I can't get a REAL clean tone from my main gain tone, the best I can get is a crunchy clean. That works for my band but not for some other session work I've been doing. Or I can use less gain on my main tone and get a real clean tone.... but again that's a compromise.

I would like to have an amp where I could set both tones independently.

Although now that I think of it, maybe I could get a good OD pedal and use that for the gigs I need to channel switch :idea:

Incoming new thread!!!!!!

• Members

Dude, have you thought about looking for an old Peavey Ultra, Ultra Plus, or Triumph? There's an Ultra Plus in North Hollywood right now for $300.

The Peavey Ultra is probably the most underrated high gain amp in existence. I picked on up for $200 years ago and I like it as much as other amps I own that cost many times more.

• Members

obviously not, since I've been using a single channel for about one year, but there is some compromise with it... I can't get a REAL clean tone from my main gain tone, the best I can get is a crunchy clean. That works for my band but not for some other session work I've been doing. Or I can use less gain on my main tone and get a real clean tone.... but again that's a compromise.

I would like to have an amp where I could set both tones independently.

Although now that I think of it, maybe I could get a good OD pedal and use that for the gigs I need to channel switch
:idea:

Incoming new thread!!!!!!

quit playing with our emotions :lol:

seriously though this thread has me already working on dumping both my rigs for a VH100R :lol:

it was bound to happen eventually.

• Members
quit playing with our emotions
:lol:

seriously though this thread has me already working on dumping both my rigs for a VH100R
:lol:

it was bound to happen eventually.

I guess I could try a trade + cash on my GH for a VH. But the GH does sound a bit different though... so I'd like to keep both ideally.

• Members

I guess I could try a trade + cash on my GH for a VH. But the GH does sound a bit different though... so I'd like to keep both ideally.

didn't you say you could mod the gain channel of the VH to be voiced exactly like the GH? That's why I'm so willing to sell, but if not that might be a deal breaker for me. Now I'm not so confident :lol:

• Members

Are you still selling your T2/V2?

I was thinking about it... I know I will sell one of em, but the V2's clean channel needs to be checked out, I think there's a cold solder joint or something on it. My buddy is an amp tech so I'm gonna have him open it up very soon! (same dude you bought that 5150 from few years back)

Archived