Tosin Abasi 2013 Sig Ibanez. :love:

LoopQuantum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a huge fan of the block inlays, but they're passable I guess. The gold hardware though, just puts it over the edge. Without the gold (maybe the cosmo finish would be better?), the finish and pickguard combo look great. idn_smilie.gif

That said, I imagine it'll be rather expensive, so I'll be sticking with my 7s. Which I could do with new knife edge inserts for, but Ibanez don't sell them anymore. Cunts. redface.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill View Post
I gotta say, watched with low expectations, but wow!! Ibanez really sorted the tone issues out with this one!!!!

Tons of useable tones from this baby
Agreed, the only thing I'm not too exited about is the gold hardware, really. I just like nickel and black more.

• Members

UGH....... i hope this isn't what the production guitar looks like. that thing is {censored} ugly. quilt top + tortoise pickguard + natural back + gold hardware + block inlays = hat on a hat on a hat on a hat on a mother {censored}ing hat.
Now his original white one... the solid white with the tortoise guard? I'd buy the {censored} out of that.

• Members

Honestly, for an 8, I'd want a three-position trem. I don't even know the engineering required here, but I'd want it split into two (top 4/bottom 4), with the ability to discreetly use either half, or both. Have the base of the arm set up in a clutch that would allow three positions. Up/top four, middle/all eight, down/bottom four.

I mean, you're already playing an 8 with a Floyd, the embarrassment of having your vibrato unit's transmission failing is probably a pretty low concern, right?

Patent pending.

• Members

Honestly, for an 8, I'd want a three-position trem. I don't even know the engineering required here, but I'd want it split into two (top 4/bottom 4), with the ability to discreetly use either half, or both. Have the base of the arm set up in a rocker clutch that would allow three positions. Up/top four, middle/all eight, down/bottom four.

I mean, you're already playing an 8 with a Floyd, the embarrassment of having your vibrato unit's transmission failing is probably a pretty low concern, right?

Patent pending.

Archived