Tosin Abasi 2013 Sig Ibanez. :love:

LoopQuantum

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

Honestly, for an 8, I'd want a three-position trem. I don't even know the engineering required here, but I'd want it split into two (top 4/bottom 4), with the ability to discreetly use either half, or both. Have the base of the arm set up in a clutch that would allow three positions. Up/top four, middle/all eight, down/bottom four.

I mean, you're already playing an 8 with a Floyd, the embarrassment of having your vibrato unit's transmission failing is probably a pretty low concern, right?

Patent pending.

Someone had came out with a split strat trem that worked like you explained. I forgot who it was or what the thing was called though

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Someone had came out with a split strat trem that worked like you explained. I forgot who it was or what the thing was called though

I remember the bass version was floating around the internet for a while before Hipshot made theirs and Khaler started making them again (uh, bass trems, not split ones). It's downfall, though, was that it had separate arms for each half. Which looked utterly dumb; which is why I'd want a single-arm clutch, instead of a bunch of flanges sticking off my guitar.

• Members

Though not a fan, I actually don't mind the gold hardware so much, the one thing I don't dig so much about this guitar are those huge block inlays. But apart from that love.gif

That said, I'm sure once this hits the market, the price tag will wake me up from dreaming mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

Tosin's guitar playing = Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

Considering it's an Ibanez, I like the looks of the guitar but would've went with black hardware over gold.

On that finish, I would imagine cosmo would look a lot better than black. Dunno how the cosmo would go with that pickguard though.

Has to be better than the gold though. redface.gif

• Members

Lots of random colors and {censored} going on, but it looks nicely built.

And those pickups sound fantastic...Lots of tonal options out of how he has those setup.

Also...I get my mind blown every time I see Tosin play. Dude is a monster, and seems about as humble as one can get.

And....I dig the flattop Totally_jammin_out.gif

Archived