Anybody else working on Christmas Eve?

Cougar Hunter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahaha, everyone was talking about christmas bonuses and all that in another thread, and now this one.

I got a baked potato, no christmas bonus, and I'll be here 8:30-3:00 (short day at least) on christmas eve. Plus, instead of end of year bonuses, my department just got a bigger work load.

So, I decided it's time to go to big kid school and find a big kid job. Finally started looking into furthering my education and getting a degree with (hopefully) meaning.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by greg apocalypse

View Post

Hahaha, everyone was talking about christmas bonuses and all that in another thread, and now this one.

I got a baked potato, no christmas bonus, and I'll be here 8:30-3:00 (short day at least) on christmas eve. Plus, instead of end of year bonuses, my department just got a bigger work load.

So, I decided it's time to go to big kid school and find a big kid job. Finally started looking into furthering my education and getting a degree with (hopefully) meaning.

What do you do?

• Members

View Post

Son, in the army, this is all we do. Live a life of meaning; teamwork, honor, strength in numbers and above all son, PTSD with a side of a {censored}ty haircut. Perhaps even a couple bad tattoos. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

inb4 psychology degree

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kerouac

View Post

Yesterday was my last day until January 7th! love.gif

{censored} you you piece of {censored}.

For some reason my college starts really late and I am on winter break until Jan 22.

Good thing I'm broke, or I'd be drunk the entire time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

Worked christmas eve and christmas last 3 years.

Boss told me yesterday "I need you to work christmas eve and christmas"

I said look at the calendar, I signed off on those days 3 months ago and you approved. Sorry bro

bill-lumbergh.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul

View Post

I'm supposed to work 8-12 Xmas eve. Maybe I'll be sick, or maybe my boss will decide the division is closed. I might be the only one in anyways cry.gif

Birthday is next Friday...working then too. Bummer

Xmas fapping on the clocklove.gif

• Members

To those who responded to my original:

I do scheduling and call reporting for a call center for a popular timeshare company. If any of you have timeshares through Marriott, I make sure that all 350 people that take phone calls are scheduled, get their vacation time, things like that. As well as different stuff with call reporting.

To the army response: Damn. I couldn't be military like that. You guys are tough sons'abitches, and I thank you for your service thumb.gif

As for what I want to do? I HAVE NO {censored}ING IDEA. I'm thinking of heading toward a marketing degree? I would love to do something creative, graphic design or something like that, but I feel like that's flooding a market of free lance workers and there can't be a lot of extra space. Getting a degree in art, I really may as well jsut make a big fancy donation to the college.

I don't {censored}in' know, what do you guys do? I have an associates degree that has gotten me nowhere, and I just haven't taken the time to take it further.

Also, I just read on Forbes that the CEO of my company made $3.8m last year. $100,000 bonus. If we split just his bonus in half and spread it to everyone here at our call center, we could all get $100... who doesn't need that? I mean... I would want a $100,000 bonus if I were a CEO too... It sure would be nice to buy some poor persons house just for the sake of putting them out on the street.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

You do workforce management? Bro, you can do the same gig and make better pay for a better company with better benefits. What systems are you familiar with?

We currently use a program/company called IEX. After a fiasco with them we're switching soon.

Other than that, MS office, I'm not a spreadsheet guru, but I can make a damn fine spreadsheet and understand most of all the neat cell formula tricks. Call reporting we use a system called CMS. Those are really most of what I've used. Pretty damn quick to learn systems though, go on... Is that what you do?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Hell no, I'm not that smart.

Do you know access? SQL? Workforce management is always in demand. Look around and you should be able to find something. Get on with a more reputable company (time shares are stupid) and you'll at least increase your quality of life.

There's actually another position I've had my eye on, two of my coworkers from this department actually promoted up to, that works on building databases in Access and works with SQL, and I think a few more in that.

I'm familiar with access, but not to the point that they do. I think they're getting around $17-18 an hour, and they're both looking for options elsewhere, too, as supposedly doing the same thing they can make way more. That's definitely been a hope of mine, is to get with that department, learn more and just see where it can take me in the company.

Originally I was working with our HR department a lot and was kind of in line to take an HR position. They just recently scaled that department down, so no go there. I enjoy the interior service part of the company, and liked that direction but I'm just not so sure I want to be an HR lady all my life.

Archived