Anybody else working on Christmas Eve?

Cougar Hunter

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Easter's on a Sunday, so no. We are closed on Sundays.

Thank god because we lose enough money being open a half day on Saturdays. (Parts and service that is. Sales does fine on Saturdays obviously.)

Really? I always figured Saturdays would be huge. Most dealers up here are booked in advance for Saturday slots. We obviously have a higher population up here, but a LOT of dealers.

Whenever I decide to look at cars I get pissed dealers are closed on Sunday. It's the one day that I don't have anything else. I certainly am glad though for the workers....and I guess I could drive the 30 minutes north to Wisconsin icon_lol.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul

View Post

Really? I always figured Saturdays would be huge. Most dealers up here are booked in advance for Saturday slots. We obviously have a higher population up here, but a LOT of dealers.

Whenever I decide to look at cars I get pissed dealers are closed on Sunday. It's the one day that I don't have anything else. I certainly am glad though for the workers....and I guess I could drive the 30 minutes north to Wisconsin icon_lol.gif

Yeah, down here, even though its fairly densely populated compared to much of the state, it still has more of a "small town" feel. People work close to the dealerships and drop the cars off during the week. I think we COULD do a decent business on Saturdays if we pushed it (offer discounts on maintenance stuff to fill slots, etc. don't want to do warranty work or work that requires ordering parts on a Saturday), but we don't, so most people don't feel like bringing their car in on a Saturday. Its the whole idea of you have to put in some effort and maybe spend a little money to make money. Crazy I know!

And yeah, I understand that for consumers it can suck. Though, do what my parents do, go look at cars on Sunday when no salesmen are around to bug you, pick a couple to test drive and think of what you're willing to pay, go back later in the week, test drive and make an offer. Unless you like spending time with cokeheads, er car salesmen. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Yeah, down here, even though its fairly densely populated compared to much of the state, it still has more of a "small town" feel. People work close to the dealerships and drop the cars off during the week. I think we COULD do a decent business on Saturdays if we pushed it (offer discounts on maintenance stuff to fill slots, etc. don't want to do warranty work or work that requires ordering parts on a Saturday), but we don't, so most people don't feel like bringing their car in on a Saturday. Its the whole idea of you have to put in some effort and maybe spend a little money to make money. Crazy I know!

And yeah, I understand that for consumers it can suck. Though, do what my parents do, go look at cars on Sunday when no salesmen are around to bug you, pick a couple to test drive and think of what you're willing to pay, go back later in the week, test drive and make an offer. Unless you like spending time with cokeheads, er car salesmen. cop.gif

I've gone to probably a dozen dealers in the 10 years I've been driving. I can actively recommend 3 of them, and personally only have 2 sales guys I want to work with (Subaru and Hyundai respectively). In fact, I cant stand most of the other people in those dealers either.

• Members

View Post

I've gone to probably a dozen dealers in the 10 years I've been driving. I can actively recommend 3 of them, and personally only have 2 sales guys I want to work with (Subaru and Hyundai respectively). In fact, I cant stand most of the other people in those dealers either.

I totally understand man, TOTALLY understand.

• Members

View Post

At this point, it makes me not even want to consider other brands icon_lol.gif

I'm amazed that manufacturers don't take more interest in how badly their dealerships are run. I understand, dealerships are franchises, but I know in my area at least a couple of brands would do a LOT better if the dealerships that sold them weren't absolute POS to deal with.

Yes, dealers make most of their money off used cars (generally) and fixed ops, but some of them seem to actively NOT want to sell new cars (which is a stupid short term view anyway). I don't know what could be done since I know the manufacturers don't want to get into owning individual dealerships, but its a strange situation.

Archived