NGD! Saiga content

~Abstract~

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

newholland might want to take his dumb anti-this-particular-configuration-of-weapon out of the the thread created specifically for this particular configuration of weapon. idea.gif

though it is pretty fun to watch, and ive been at work since 6am on {censored}ing xmas. i needed it. icon_lol.gif

boy, you gun guys are sensitive and prone to be irrational right now. kinda sad, actually- that you can't answer questions without crying like a bunch of little girls having their dolly taken away. don't start to cry about how 'i'm stealing your personal liberties' and bull{censored} like that- 'cause who wouldn't poke at that? i don't need to be some rabid anti gun nut to {censored} with you when you pull bull{censored} moves like that-- which i'm actually not anyhow. if you can't answer lucid questions-- you just come off looking like you're being furtive- and that does nothing to further any cause. i'll admit-- i'm not thrilled that people do dumb {censored} with big firepower-- and having spent the better part of my adult life farming- i realize the value of guns. but like i said-- bolt action rifles make sense to me-- not semi or full autos.

again- my question WAS, and still IS- why would you 'need' a clip with 20 rounds- which, larry- i appreciate you answering. but what is 'some kind of competitions'?

oh, and youngblood-- dude. c'mon.

there's a legitimate discussion going on the u.s. right now about these kinda things-- and i'm far from the most ill informed and knee-jerk critic you're gonna run into, and just asking a question. and nope-- not trying to steal liberties or push my anti-gun crazy on anybody-- but i do wonder why people want guns like this-- 'cause i don't know anybody who does.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by newholland

View Post

boy, you gun guys are sensitive and prone to be irrational right now. kinda sad, actually- that you can't answer questions without crying like a bunch of little girls having their dolly taken away. don't start to cry about how 'i'm stealing your personal liberties' and bull{censored} like that- 'cause who wouldn't poke at that? i don't need to be some rabid anti gun nut to {censored} with you when you pull bull{censored} moves like that-- which i'm actually not anyhow. if you can't answer lucid questions-- you just come off looking like you're being furtive- and that does nothing to further any cause. i'll admit-- i'm not thrilled that people do dumb {censored} with big firepower-- and having spent the better part of my adult life farming- i realize the value of guns. but like i said-- bolt action rifles make sense to me-- not semi or full autos.

again- my question WAS, and still IS- why would you 'need' a clip with 20 rounds- which, larry- i appreciate you answering. but what is 'some kind of competitions'?

there's a legitimate discussion going on the u.s. right now about these kinda things-- and i'm far from the most ill informed and knee-jerk critic you're gonna run into, and just asking a question. and nope-- not trying to steal liberties or push my anti-gun crazy on anybody-- but i do wonder why people want guns like this-- 'cause i don't know anybody who does.

IPSC, Three-Gun, plain outlaw pistol matches, you name it.

And don't expect people to have patience with someone proposing to outlaw their stuff, or even (for some posters) getting up squads of police and going house to house to come take them.

The question of 'need' is a straw man, anyway, when it comes to guns. Let's try an analogy:

What do you 'need' liquor for? Unless you're using it to sterilize wounds (right....) it's only purpose is 'enjoyment.' And alcohol is involved in more than 50% of all firearm deaths, more than 50% of all automobile accidents and a similar proportion of other accidental deaths. So when someone sells you a bottle of Vodka, the opportunity for you to use it to get drunk, get behind the wheel and kill someone is real, and it happens with startling frequency.

Now, we as a society are 'trading' selling you that Vodka and the risks it presents if misused against only your personal 'enjoyment' of drinking it. It will not defend you from an intruder, from a wild dog, will not let you hunt for food, will not protect your country from invasion; it just makes you feel warm and fuzzy. And tens of thousands of times each year, people will misuse it and get behind the wheel, or handle a gun (or a power tool, or an airplane, or ?) and get someone hurt, maybe even 'hurt' to death.

Logic would dictate that the societal trade-off for alcohol is all debit and no actual credit, once we discount (as you are doing for firearms) 'enjoyment.' And drunk drivers are a much, MUCH more real threat to each of us than a firearm, I believe.

So when your concern for societal safety extends to alcohol-or cigarettes (again, no 'win' and all 'lose' for society)-then you can talk with me calmly about banning my guns. Until then, you're a threat and a hypocrite, and will be treated as such.

• Members

View Post

because it is not fun constantly reloading your gun at the range.

do you carry extra strings with you when you play your guitar out of the house? why? because it's not fun having to put your guitar away when you break a string.

• Members

Why I would want a 30 round magazine.

To use it.

Why I would want a semi automatic rifle.

To use it.

Not sure why any more than that answer is needed, to me it's the same as asking someone why they would want a kemper over a single channel tube amp. The answer would be the same.

Gun owners that use firearms in a legal manner have nothing to be ashamed of, no matter what illogical argument is made otherwise.

• Members

i haven't ever said anything about 'banning your guns'. that's entirely from your mind, and not my words, and i'd think you'd be hard pressed to validate that opinion with my own words. for what it's worth- i agree with you about alcohol, tobacco, AND guns- but i am grappling with why you think i'm coming to steal your firearms.

clearly, you get that i'm pointing out the value judgement inherent in the word 'need'- but that's totally independent of my thoughts regarding banning anything. look at it this way-- if you were to say 'i need $25000 speakers to enjoy music'-- i'dve responded similarly. if the statement was 'i WANT $25000 speakers to enjoy music the way i want'.. okay- that's different. nobody really NEEDS that-- you just want it, and that's intellectually honest. i NEED a 20 round clip? meh. dubious at best, and why i made a joke about it. i need it to compete in specific events? okay- fully makes sense, regardless of my opinion about it. nobody needs alcohol, tobacco, or guns, really.

half the problem with 'political discourse' nowadays is that people are all hair trigger at any comment. why the {censored} would you assume that by opening my mouth, i'm coming to steal your guns is beyond me. not so. but me asking why you want them, or more particularly couched in the idea of 'need' them, i see as a pertinent question that could be asked by either side of the issue- one, because you should know if you believe it's true, and two, to answer those who disagree with you.

as i see it, i'm asking for clarification and intellectual honesty. but never said anything about banning anything-- it's a gray area for me- and i'm interested in why people want these things because it's a big old rats nest right now, and i'm hardly lobbing a hardball question.

• Members

View Post

i haven't ever said anything about 'banning your guns'. that's entirely from your mind, and not my words, and i'd think you'd be hard pressed to validate that opinion with my own words. for what it's worth- i agree with you about alcohol, tobacco, AND guns- but i am grappling with why you think i'm coming to steal your firearms.

clearly, you get that i'm pointing out the value judgement inherent in the word 'need'- but that's totally independent of my thoughts regarding banning anything. look at it this way-- if you were to say 'i need $25000 speakers to enjoy music'-- i'dve responded similarly. if the statement was 'i WANT $25000 speakers to enjoy music the way i want'.. okay- that's different. nobody really NEEDS that-- you just want it, and that's intellectually honest. i NEED a 20 round clip? meh. dubious at best, and why i made a joke about it. i need it to compete in specific events? okay- fully makes sense, regardless of my opinion about it. nobody needs alcohol, tobacco, or guns, really.

half the problem with 'political discourse' nowadays is that people are all hair trigger at any comment. why the {censored} would you assume that by opening my mouth, i'm coming to steal your guns is beyond me. not so. but me asking why you want them, or more particularly couched in the idea of 'need' them, i see as a pertinent question that could be asked by either side of the issue- one, because you should know if you believe it's true, and two, to answer those who disagree with you.

as i see it, i'm asking for clarification and intellectual honesty. but never said anything about banning anything-- it's a gray area for me- and i'm interested in why people want these things because it's a big old rats nest right now, and i'm hardly lobbing a hardball question.

If you walk toward a bunch of people in a trench who are taking heavy incoming fire, don't wave something that looks like a gun at them. The 'need' question is a primary talking point of gun-grabbers everywhere, and something (as you've seen) that's treated harshly. Keep telling me what you don't think I 'need' and you'll find calm discourse very thin on the ground.

Oh, and stop using profanity and capitalize, if you want to be taken seriously-

• Members

View Post

i was quoting the OP, if you actually read it, and funny enough, i didn't express my opinion to you or anyone else. i asked what is commonly referred to as 'a question'-- which is a request for clarification through the transfer of information in an exchange known amongst humans without aspbergers syndrome as 'a conversation'. you may wish to google it, as apparently, it's a foreign concept to you. and just so you didn't miss the point, which you're seeming prone to do- i asked- jokingly, i might add- because he said the gun 'did what he was needing it to do'. need, friend, clearly has little to do with a les paul, strat, or a rifle in most circumstances. hence the 'point' of my 'question', was to laugh at that- a comment which was made by someone i've had little but positive interaction with.

sorry to've made such an affront to your way of life. facepalm.gif

Ah...thanks for the clarification.

Are you sure you weren't trying to promote any certain personal agenda? It's just an honest question...don't get mad. We'd like to hope you'd answer honestly instead of feigning innocence.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st

View Post

Why I would want a 30 round magazine.

To use it.

Why I would want a semi automatic rifle.

To use it.

Not sure why any more than that answer is needed, to me it's the same as asking someone why they would want a kemper over a single channel tube amp. The answer would be the same.

Gun owners that use firearms in a legal manner have nothing to be ashamed of, no matter what illogical argument is made otherwise.

sure. thing is, it's not the same. i want explosives because i can use explosives. i want snuff films 'cause i use snuff films. i want LSD because i use LSD. i want a russian sex slave because i use russian sex slaves. der. the existence of things doesn't mean you can have them because want to use them.

like i said-- it's not me wanting to TAKE said large magazines-- but having three 10 cartridge clips doesn't seem like an inconvenience. having a 30 cartridge clip seems like an excuse to mod a gun to full auto. i fully know it's the person shooting the gun that's gonna hurt people- and like i said-- i don't have a dog in the fight as i'm not a gun guy. but i do wonder why people pretend they're not aware why these things exist. it's not just to not reload once every 30 shots. c'mon.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly

View Post

I gotta disagree, the fact that he's not going out and killing people doesn't negate the purpose and design of the gun. If you (a general you) like guns, that's fine, but please don't delude yourself into thinking that collecting guns is the same as collecting guitars, coins or stamps; only one was designed to kill and has the capacity to kill in high volume in certain hands.

So... you think a person shouldn't collect guns? Museums are FULL of them....same as stamps guitars and coins. CASE CLOSED.

And you think OTHER people are deluded, oh high and mighty condescending one? When will you people learn that it's not the object, but the Heart and Minds of Men that hurt and kill. Take away the object...and what is left but the Heart and Mind....the REAL weapons.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar

View Post

If you walk toward a bunch of people in a trench who are taking heavy incoming fire, don't wave something that looks like a gun at them. The 'need' question is a primary talking point of gun-grabbers everywhere, and something (as you've seen) that's treated harshly. Keep telling me what you don't think I 'need' and you'll find calm discourse very thin on the ground.

Oh, and stop using profanity and capitalize, if you want to be taken seriously-

larry, admit you 'want' your clip, and i'll shake your hand and let you want it. nobody {censored}ING needs a gun (capitals and profanity intentional) 'cause in the grander scheme of human need-- they don't. but you seriously NEED to loosen up- 'cause i ain't after you, and a gun grabber is a pretty hysterical characterization from where i sit. if this is all it takes to get you frothing at the mouth- i suspect you'd probably better prepare for way worse, 'cause it's not the likes of ME who's gonna be making problems- you've got a whole country of people WAY more 'gun grabby' than myself- and if you honestly believe 'being taken seriously' is something i'd worry about on a guitar forum... lord god help you.

• Members

View Post

sure. thing is, it's not the same. i want explosives because i can use explosives. i want snuff films 'cause i use snuff films. i want LSD because i use LSD. i want a russian sex slave because i use russian sex slaves. der. the existence of things doesn't mean you can have them because want to use them.

like i said-- it's not me wanting to TAKE said large magazines-- but having three 10 cartridge clips doesn't seem like an inconvenience. having a 30 cartridge clip seems like an excuse to mod a gun to full auto. i fully know it's the person shooting the gun that's gonna hurt people- and like i said-- i don't have a dog in the fight as i'm not a gun guy. but i do wonder why people pretend they're not aware why these things exist. it's not just to not reload once every 30 shots. c'mon.

Why have a Hummer? You can kill a LOT of people with that thing. It's too big for most of our roads here. It's really a military vehicle..not designed for civilian use.

Why do you think everyone that owns a weapon or magazines has an intent to kill? Maybe they just like shooting it. But you are saying...because YOU don't, they shouldn't either.

Now....such a person needs to have and use it with GREAT caution and responsibility. How dare we tell them they can't do something they enjoy.

I'm not a gun owner either.

• Members

icon_lol.gif

Why are you guys jumping on newholland? I dont see anything he posted as being anti-gun at all. His first post in here was a question....OP said something about the gun doing what he was "needing" it to do. I love guns, and after first reading the OP, I was also thinking...what could he be "needing" a gun like this to do? If youre a civilian, there isnt even a "need" to have this type of weapon. I dont see newhollands question as anit-gun, but more as just a genuine curiosity and inquiry.

Like I said, I love guns, and I support the right of US citizens to exercise our constitutional right to bear arms, but I can honestly say that I see no "need" in having that type of weapon. I can certainly see the fun aspect, as who doesnt like shooting more and loading less, but again...OP said need, and I thought the same thing NH did about what could you possibly NEED this gun to be doing.

Yall are becoming a huge bunch of sensitive pussies....seriously...lets buy guns and then be bitches and purposefully read too much into what people are saying, even if its not anti gun. Isnt that how women think? Are you all becoming a bunch of gun toting women? If thats the case, maybe yall shouldnt have guns icon_lol.gif.

• Members

newholland to answer you directly... People miss. Especially when panicking. It's nice to have what you would consider as too many than to not have enough. 10 sounds like a lot until there are 3 dudes and you've already missed 5 times. That and 1 shot is generally not going to stop a threat unless they just decide to stop. Physiologically they are still fit to continue to try to kill you. It's like trying to make a 100 mile trip in a car that has a tank that will only get you 100 miles. That could be cutting it pretty close. One wrong turn and you run out of gas before you get there. I'll take the car that can take me farther than I might need before I take one that might not.

While being attacked changing a magazine could cost you your life. While shooting defenseless people that 1 second is not likely to make much of a difference for the victims.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp

View Post

Why have a Hummer? You can kill a LOT of people with that thing. It's too big for most of our roads here. It's really a military vehicle..not designed for civilian use.

Why do you think everyone that owns a weapon or magazines has an intent to kill? Maybe they just like shooting it. But you are saying...because YOU don't, they shouldn't either.

Now....such a person needs to have and use it with GREAT caution and responsibility. How dare we tell them they can't do something they enjoy.

I'm not a gun owner either.

that's my point steve- i KNOW that's the case, and i don't expect that people are gonna kill people. i'm not saying they DO intend to kill people with a clip intending to hold 30 cartridges. my question was, why do you need it?

my whole family are responsible rifle owners- 30.06es, shotguns, and .22s. but they're all basically stock guns without big old clips. never had a single injury or murder from any of the lot of those guns because we were ALL told that they're due utmost respect.

as a military necessity-- i'm alright with it. on ranges? okay. i'm just a little sketched when it comes to having these things around homes, admittedly. but the idea that i'm trying to take them away? naw. fostering discussion- yep. but so far-- loads of static, and nothing but 'you wanna steal my clipszors!'

but seriously-- the 'if you enjoy it you should have it' argument is pretty weak-- cause people enjoy lots of stuff that's dangerous and illegal for a whole host of reasons.

• Members

View Post

larry, admit you 'want' your clip, and i'll shake your hand and let you want it. nobody {censored}ING needs a gun (capitals and profanity intentional) 'cause in the grander scheme of human need-- they don't. but you seriously NEED to loosen up- 'cause i ain't after you, and a gun grabber is a pretty hysterical characterization from where i sit. if this is all it takes to get you frothing at the mouth- i suspect you'd probably better prepare for way worse, 'cause it's not the likes of ME who's gonna be making problems- you've got a whole country of people WAY more 'gun grabby' than myself- and if you honestly believe 'being taken seriously' is something i'd worry about on a guitar forum... lord god help you.

Actually I know a TON of people on the far left who own guns and will fight to the death the defend their right to own them. Compound that with the guys on the right, and I'm pretty sure people who are "gun grabby" will be in the minority when this comes to fruition...

Who's side you gonna be on? The side who has firepower, or the side holding tobacco pipes in their lips saying, "now now, just hand over your weapons and everything will be fine..."

BTW, you DID say, "you anti-gun opinion" in an earlier post, then you came back and said you "never said anything about being anti-gun"

Admit the fact that people can enjoy things different than your tastes. You like hi-fi tube stereos and expensive speakers...That's a hobby, you don't need them, but you enjoy them. Turn that into guns (Which btw, a 30 round MAGAZINE [not a clip] does not mean you are going to turn your gun into full auto, wtf? freak.gif ) and you can see the comparison.

Should the guys in this thread have said, "want"? Sure, but who cares...

You are awfully defensive over this, and I like you Dan, but man you're coming off incredibly irrational in spots...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf

View Post

icon_lol.gif

Why are you guys jumping on newholland? I dont see anything he posted as being anti-gun at all. His first post in here was a question....OP said something about the gun doing what he was "needing" it to do. I love guns, and after first reading the OP, I was also thinking...what could he be "needing" a gun like this to do? If youre a civilian, there isnt even a "need" to have this type of weapon. I dont see newhollands question as anit-gun, but more as just a genuine curiosity and inquiry.

Like I said, I love guns, and I support the right of US citizens to exercise our constitutional right to bear arms, but I can honestly say that I see no "need" in having that type of weapon. I can certainly see the fun aspect, as who doesnt like shooting more and loading less, but again...OP said need, and I thought the same thing NH did about what could you possibly NEED this gun to be doing.

Yall are becoming a huge bunch of sensitive pussies....seriously...lets buy guns and then be bitches and purposefully read too much into what people are saying, even if its not anti gun. Isnt that how women think? Are you all becoming a bunch of gun toting women? If thats the case, maybe yall shouldnt have guns icon_lol.gif.

I think it's the part where you guys decide what we "need." There are people out there that would make you "need" that rifle, 30 round mags, and unfortunately several other guys with the same.

People get annoyed when they see others basically telling them they don't need something just because that person decides they don't need it. Sure in day to day life there is a very remote chance you'd need something like that. But you can count on the fact that somewhere, right now, someone's ass could really use that thing. They're going to die because they didn't have it.

Again I understand these things are rare but as I recall everyone is up in arms over a shooter that just decided to kill people. If instead of that school is was your neighborhood/apt and they were coming for your family... you still going to tell me you don't need it? Ideals don't block bullets. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

I think it's the part where you guys decide what we "need." There are people out there that would make you "need" that rifle, 30 round mags, and unfortunately several other guys with the same.

People get annoyed when they see others basically telling them they don't need something just because that person decides they don't need it. Sure in day to day life there is a very remote chance you'd need something like that. But you can count on the fact that somewhere, right now, someone's ass could really use that thing. They're going to die because they didn't have it.

Again I understand these things are rare but as I recall everyone is up in arms over a shooter that just decided to kill people. If instead of that school is was your neighborhood/apt and they were coming for your family... you still going to tell me you don't need it? Ideals don't block bullets. thumb.gif

Still more reading between the lines...reading something that isnt there. Thats what I mean when Im saying every ones becoming a woman. Take it for what was said on the surface.

I mean...do I need a 100 watt tube head and full stack for my house? {censored} no...do I want it, hell {censored} yeah...and this is America, and if I can afford something that I want, Im gonna {censored}ing get it regardless of others' opinion.

My point is...NH just asked a simple question. No one ever said what the OP needs or doesnt need. No ones making that decision for him. He said the gun does what he needs it to do, and honestly, Im genuinely just curious about what a civilian would NEED that gun to do. What are you doing with it? If he needs it for targets, ranges, hunting, fending off crazy {censored}ers....who gives a {censored}. There wasnt any question about whether or not he needs the gun, it was a question about what he needs to gun to do. If you want to make it sound more friendly, maybe need could be replaced with want...what does OP want the gun to do? But OP worded it as need, so the question was worded in kind.

Again, theres no question as to whether or not the gun is actually needed, but when some one is saying that this badass piece of death machinery is doing what they need it to do, personally, Im really curious about the situations going on that make the OP say that it does what he NEEDS it to do. Maybe, in reality, its just cool, makes things easier to load, and all that...so maybe its just what he WANTS it to do. I think the word NEED is just throwing people off, and thats not NHs fault, but thats why every one jumped on him in this thread about being antigun, when in reality, he doesnt seem antigun at all.

Its just guys being bitches (women) and reading WAY too deep between the lines when theres nothing between the lines to read.

And make no mistake...as soon as I can afford one, Im buying a springfield M1A and Im buying the biggest goddamned clip I can find for it. Why? Not because I need it for anything at all, but because I shot one years ago, and it was really fun seeing an enormous hole appear where one didnt exist a second before, and I wanna make 20 of those holes before I have to reload a clip.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

newholland to answer you directly... People miss. Especially when panicking. It's nice to have what you would consider as too many than to not have enough. 10 sounds like a lot until there are 3 dudes and you've already missed 5 times. That and 1 shot is generally not going to stop a threat unless they just decide to stop. Physiologically they are still fit to continue to try to kill you. It's like trying to make a 100 mile trip in a car that has a tank that will only get you 100 miles. That could be cutting it pretty close. One wrong turn and you run out of gas before you get there. I'll take the car that can take me farther than I might need before I take one that might not.

While being attacked changing a magazine could cost you your life. While shooting defenseless people that 1 second is not likely to make much of a difference for the victims.

thanks mesa- we've discussed this kinda stuff before, and i appreciate that you're always willing to actually discuss it. i hear what you're saying-- but is that a necessity of everyday life? as a military rifle or law enforcement, good lord, absolutely! even on a range- i can see it. but gads.. i'm glad most people don't have such problems in their homes. at least yet biggrin.gif

View Post

icon_lol.gif

biggrin.gif thanks raf.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Actually I know a TON of people on the far left who own guns and will fight to the death the defend their right to own them. Compound that with the guys on the right, and I'm pretty sure people who are "gun grabby" will be in the minority when this comes to fruition...

Who's side you gonna be on? The side who has firepower, or the side holding tobacco pipes in their lips saying, "now now, just hand over your weapons and everything will be fine..."

BTW, you DID say, "you anti-gun opinion" in an earlier post, then you came back and said you "never said anything about being anti-gun"

Admit the fact that people can enjoy things different than your tastes. You like hi-fi tube stereos and expensive speakers...That's a hobby, you don't need them, but you enjoy them. Turn that into guns (Which btw, a 30 round MAGAZINE [not a clip] does not mean you are going to turn your gun into full auto, wtf? freak.gif ) and you can see the comparison.

Should the guys in this thread have said, "want"? Sure, but who cares...

You are awfully defensive over this, and I like you Dan, but man you're coming off incredibly irrational in spots...

naw - i said 'i wasnt trying to push my anti gun crazy on anybody'.. meaning that i'm not pushing an anti gun agenda on anybody. i'm NOT really being defensive, honestly. but i am willing to push back when not really getting it.

i mean-- we want what we want-- i get that. but the idea of want and need becomes critical when discussing guns, far as i'm concerned. if it were up to me- i'd limit guns to bolt action in the home, 'cause they're safe, impossible to hide, and that's basically what the constitution gave us rights for. that's just me. i know people will still get semis and full autos through porous borders. it's NOT a quick and easy fix- i know it.

BUT.. i think that it's a really good time for people to put their beliefs regarding really overtly big firepower to question, especially given what's been going on in the past few weeks- both pro- and anti- stances.

i'm not sure i've been irrational-- but i definitely believe that my logic has been consistent throughout, even if it's covered in a bit of sarcasm due to the nature of a few semi-belligerent responses.

• Members

View Post

Still more reading between the lines...reading something that isnt there. Thats what I mean when Im saying every ones becoming a woman. Take it for what was said on the surface.

I mean...do I need a 100 watt tube head and full stack for my house? {censored} no...do I want it, hell {censored} yeah...and this is America, and if I can afford something that I want, Im gonna {censored}ing get it regardless of others' opinion.

My point is...NH just asked a simple question. No one ever said what the OP needs or doesnt need. No ones making that decision for him. He said the gun does what he needs it to do, and honestly, Im genuinely just curious about what a civilian would NEED that gun to do. What are you doing with it? If he needs it for targets, ranges, hunting, fending off crazy {censored}ers....who gives a {censored}. There wasnt any question about whether or not he needs the gun, it was a question about what he needs to gun to do. If you want to make it sound more friendly, maybe need could be replaced with want...what does OP want the gun to do? But OP worded it as need, so the question was worded in kind.

Again, theres no question as to whether or not the gun is actually needed, but when some one is saying that this badass piece of death machinery is doing what they need it to do, personally, Im really curious about the situations going on that make the OP say that it does what he NEEDS it to do. Maybe, in reality, its just cool, makes things easier to load, and all that...so maybe its just what he WANTS it to do. I think the word NEED is just throwing people off, and thats not NHs fault, but thats why every one jumped on him in this thread about being antigun, when in reality, he doesnt seem antigun at all.

Its just guys being bitches (women) and reading WAY too deep between the lines when theres nothing between the lines to read.

And make no mistake...as soon as I can afford one, Im buying a springfield M1A and Im buying the biggest goddamned clip I can find for it. Why? Not because I need it for anything at all, but because I shot one years ago, and it was really fun seeing an enormous hole appear where one didnt exist a second before, and I wanna make 20 of those holes before I have to reload a clip.

Ok well then you and newholland would be the first I've seen that are legitimately interested as all I've seen for over a week now is attempts to slander the pro-gun side. If you call BS on that then maybe you should get off the forums and go check any news site. Maybe go check the list of people that were outed for owning a gun. Maybe see the propaganda like the picture below. You're late to the discussion. The pro-rights side has been dealing with this {censored} non-stop for a while. As soon as you question someone's needs and ask them to justify themselves to you you've already crossed a line. I like newholland but after him asking the same question that a ton of anti-gun people have been asking what should be expected? Then he pretty much tells us why we don't need them and he doesn't feel they are necessary which would support the idea that his question was leading. Which is fine, but approach with caution. icon_lol.gif

People on the other side are so out of arguments they are trying to appeal to insecurities by attacking guys in the nutsack. I mean really?

Victoria-Justice-960x540.jpg

Be%20man.%20Lose%20the%20gun..jpg

Archived