Best Albums of 2012

HumanFuseBen

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Yeah, I gotta say that album kicks all sorts of ass. I mean, it really is absolutely amazing.

I liked Yellow & Green from Baroness as well.

Don't know how many other released in 2012 albums I've listened too/bought.... icon_lol.gif

Yea it's {censored}ing phenomenal... I've been listening to death metal for 15 years now and DAYUM no album has ever come out and kicked me in the junk like this one.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte

View Post

Yea it's {censored}ing phenomenal... I've been listening to death metal for 15 years now and DAYUM no album has ever come out and kicked me in the junk like this one.

I'm not a huge death metal fan. I like some, don't like lots and generally prefer it live. But that album, it brings the heavy, it brings the hooky, it brings some groove, all with varied vocals, ridiculous instrumental work and damn talented songwriting. Its the sort album most bands can only dream of creating. Unfortunately its in a genre with pretty much zero monetary reward for such an achievement.

And thanks to idiotic Chris Barnes I missed seeing them last month. mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte

View Post

I'm not a huge death metal fan. I like some, don't like lots and generally prefer it live. But that album, it brings the heavy, it brings the hooky, it brings some groove, all with varied vocals, ridiculous instrumental work and damn talented songwriting. Its the sort album most bands can only dream of creating. Unfortunately its in a genre with pretty much zero monetary reward for such an achievement.

And thanks to idiotic Chris Barnes I missed seeing them last month. mad.gif

• Members

Merrow - Retrospecial

2f2c18b977396a38a39dc5811e52d09a.jpg

Wintersun - Time I

220px-WintersunTimeI.jpg

Between The Buried and Me - Paralax II: The Future Sequence

220px-The_Parallax_II_Future_Sequence_-_

Revocation - Teratogenesis EP

revocation_teratogenesis_carrousel.jpg

I honestly can't say that much else I've heard deserves much mention. Dark Roots of the Earth was good, but it's strange to me that Skolnick is actually the weakest link in that band to me now. I'll check out some more mentions in this thread, but I haven't been that impressed by most releases.

Honorable mention goes to Mumford and Sons - Babel. Seriously good album and songwriting. They are really good at what they do.

• Members

Merrow - Retrospecial

2f2c18b977396a38a39dc5811e52d09a.jpg

Wintersun - Time I

220px-WintersunTimeI.jpg

Between The Buried and Me - Paralax II: The Future Sequence

220px-The_Parallax_II_Future_Sequence_-_

Revocation - Teratogenesis EP

revocation_teratogenesis_carrousel.jpg

I honestly can't say that much else I've heard deserves much mention. Dark Roots of the Earth was good, but it's strange to me that Skolnick is actually the weakest link in that band to me now. I'll check out some more mentions in this thread, but I haven't been that impressed by most releases.

Honorable mention goes to Mumford and Sons - Babel. Seriously good album and songwriting. They are really good at what they do.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hcprimerib

View Post

1) Arsis' Lepers Caress EP blew me away. And it's a free download from Scion A/V metal. They just get better and better.

Arsis_800x800-250x250.jpg

{censored} yes. These guys are so savage and I love what they've been doing recently.

Check out Revocation, if you haven't. They're on Scion a/v too.

• Members

I had a ton of favorites this year.

2012 was a seriously awesome year for new music IMO.

For HCAF stuff the new LOG, Gojira, Meshuggah, and Baroness were all great.

For rest of the world stuff Ellie Goulding, Ben Folds, Hot Water Music, Menzingers, Propagandhi, Aesop Rock, POS, Alt-J, The Sidekicks, Masked Intruder, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, John K Samson, Datsik, The Gaslight Anthem, Jack White, NOFX, No Trigger, and more than I am not remembering all put out great records that I love this year.

For those who have Spotify feel free to subscribe if you dig any of that or wanna be turned on to new stuff. thumb.gif

K-Biz Best Albums of 2012 Spotify Playlist

Archived