Who's boosting a really nice amp with an el-cheapo pedal?

draelyc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Ghandi

View Post

This thread got me thinking...

I now have swiched out my SD1 in front of the Splawn QR and now have a BB Xotic PreAmp out front.

SO BADASS!!!!!

I might just send the SD1 out for some sort of Mod...

BB preamp love.gif

I have the custom shop version love.giflove.giflove.gif

• Members

View Post

I now have swiched out my SD1 in front of the Splawn QR and now have a BB Xotic PreAmp out front.

SO BADASS!!!!!

BB preamp love.gif

I have the custom shop version love.giflove.giflove.gif

• Members

View Post

SO BADASS!!!!!

Dude...the Xotic boost pedals ARE the {censored}!!! I absolutely love.gif my RC boost. In fact, I wanna get an AC and a BB also.

• Members

View Post

SO BADASS!!!!!

Dude...the Xotic boost pedals ARE the {censored}!!! I absolutely love.gif my RC boost. In fact, I wanna get an AC and a BB also.

• Members

Some of my fave toans can be had with a NMV Marshall & a modded (just the bass caps & 1 resistor) SD-1.

Need to find me another SD1. Ive had a few. They sound fine stock, but sound WAY better (to my ears) when modded to let some more lows thru.

• Members

Some of my fave toans can be had with a NMV Marshall & a modded (just the bass caps & 1 resistor) SD-1.

Need to find me another SD1. Ive had a few. They sound fine stock, but sound WAY better (to my ears) when modded to let some more lows thru.

• Members

I gotta try one of those BBs someday. thumb.gif

Just got done messing around again, and I think what I'm gonna do is take the Pale Horse & Riot off my main board & put 'em together on a mini-board to be used with clean amps, and put the Banzai back on the main board as a boost. Surprisingly tough call between the fancy Banzai & the basic Bad Monkey ... however, the Banzai has an extra switchable boost. Still won't get as "metal" as the Riot into the dirty amp, but how much gain do I really need, anyway. And if I ever want to jam without lugging the big board around, I'll just throw the Bad Monkey in the cable bag. thumb.gif

That BB is intriguing, though ~ gives the impression that it would work well as a boost or as a preamp/gain device. I'd love to have something on the board that would let me use it with either a clean or dirty amp setup with the same pedal arrangement, y'know?

• Members

I gotta try one of those BBs someday. thumb.gif

Just got done messing around again, and I think what I'm gonna do is take the Pale Horse & Riot off my main board & put 'em together on a mini-board to be used with clean amps, and put the Banzai back on the main board as a boost. Surprisingly tough call between the fancy Banzai & the basic Bad Monkey ... however, the Banzai has an extra switchable boost. Still won't get as "metal" as the Riot into the dirty amp, but how much gain do I really need, anyway. And if I ever want to jam without lugging the big board around, I'll just throw the Bad Monkey in the cable bag. thumb.gif

That BB is intriguing, though ~ gives the impression that it would work well as a boost or as a preamp/gain device. I'd love to have something on the board that would let me use it with either a clean or dirty amp setup with the same pedal arrangement, y'know?

• Members

I'm still using my Danelectro Daddy-O or my YJM to boost my various amps when the mood strikes me.

I was thinking on scoring something else, one of those mini Mod-tone #s look interesting, just to have something to play with and to amuse myself. That High Gain gain mini, or even the full sized, aren't going to break the bank. Or even the T-Rex pedals.

Derek

• Members

I'm still using my Danelectro Daddy-O or my YJM to boost my various amps when the mood strikes me.

I was thinking on scoring something else, one of those mini Mod-tone #s look interesting, just to have something to play with and to amuse myself. That High Gain gain mini, or even the full sized, aren't going to break the bank. Or even the T-Rex pedals.

Derek

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

This thread made me buy an SD-1 off Ebay yesterday. It'll be my third.

Keeley mod that bish. (Assuming you can find out what the keeley mods are). I don't know if it's worth sending it in for someone in the UK, assuming shipping would be pretty expensive.

Archived