Who's boosting a really nice amp with an el-cheapo pedal?

draelyc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by kurtisqpublic View Post
Bad monkey into the rig in my signature. Also have an arion distortion that i swap in sometimes
I'd be curious how the Monkey sounds into your Plexi module, for obvious reasons. smile.gif

So here's another thing I'm running into as I compare my different dirt pedals ... the ones that make the best boosts when I've got the amp's natural overdrive cranked up also seem to sound the worst as drive boxes when I dial the amp clean, and vicey versy. My Pale Horse od, fer instance, sounds great for basic crunch tones on its own, but as a boost, it's missing that mid hump that I seem to like into the dirty amp. Do y'all notice the same sort of thing? Seems like a real trick to find one circuit that's great for both setups ... though I've read that the OCD can do it. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kurtisqpublic View Post
Bad monkey into the rig in my signature. Also have an arion distortion that i swap in sometimes
I'd be curious how the Monkey sounds into your Plexi module, for obvious reasons. smile.gif

So here's another thing I'm running into as I compare my different dirt pedals ... the ones that make the best boosts when I've got the amp's natural overdrive cranked up also seem to sound the worst as drive boxes when I dial the amp clean, and vicey versy. My Pale Horse od, fer instance, sounds great for basic crunch tones on its own, but as a boost, it's missing that mid hump that I seem to like into the dirty amp. Do y'all notice the same sort of thing? Seems like a real trick to find one circuit that's great for both setups ... though I've read that the OCD can do it. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by draelyc View Post

IME the ocd works well as a dirt box but ghats about it. It lacks the midrange push and has some lower mid smootheness i dont really find desireable. The bog thing tho is that the volume knob really does just add tons and tons of unforgivingly clean volume. Classic gain down volume up tone to taste settings that rule on the ts9 for tightening and pushing a dirty amp really dont work with the OCD

Just IME
Ive owned two wave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by draelyc View Post

IME the ocd works well as a dirt box but ghats about it. It lacks the midrange push and has some lower mid smootheness i dont really find desireable. The bog thing tho is that the volume knob really does just add tons and tons of unforgivingly clean volume. Classic gain down volume up tone to taste settings that rule on the ts9 for tightening and pushing a dirty amp really dont work with the OCD

Just IME
Ive owned two wave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by lealand987 View Post

Just IME
Ive owned two wave.gif
Dig. Seems very similar to the way my Pale Horse behaves ... is the OCD a mosfet circuit?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by lealand987 View Post

Just IME
Ive owned two wave.gif
Dig. Seems very similar to the way my Pale Horse behaves ... is the OCD a mosfet circuit?

Archived