all SM57 and g12t-75 and either my LP studio or TOkai VC75
cold comfort is 5150 with CMII
could this be the day = jcm800/cmII
signal sender = trip recto and JCM rat mix
Sleep with one eye open = JCM800 modded Rat
I dont care ryth is 5150 III (solo JCM)
Wood Field = JCM800 and rat
Swan song same
Riot of the sane is mkIv, powerball lurking low in the mix and mostly JCM800 CMII
Outwardly end solo = crate vintage club, mid solo = zoom 9002 ryth mostly...recto and jcm800 mix (??)
Loneliness the sage = recto ryth JCM800 rat solos
I've seen = 5150, recto and JCM800/rat mix
the last bonus track on the album (download only its not on soundcloud) is all Quick Rod
Clarity = mkIv, powerball and JCM800 CMII

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dolf View Post
Do you remember which tracks used which amps? lol

Cold comfort's intro is massive as hell, dewd
Hmmm..
all SM57 and g12t-75 and either my LP studio or TOkai VC75
cold comfort is 5150 with CMII
could this be the day = jcm800/cmII
signal sender = trip recto and JCM rat mix
Sleep with one eye open = JCM800 modded Rat
I dont care ryth is 5150 III (solo JCM)
Wood Field = JCM800 and rat
Swan song same
Riot of the sane is mkIv, powerball lurking low in the mix and mostly JCM800 CMII
Outwardly end solo = crate vintage club, mid solo = zoom 9002 ryth mostly...recto and jcm800 mix (??)
Loneliness the sage = recto ryth JCM800 rat solos
I've seen = 5150, recto and JCM800/rat mix
the last bonus track on the album (download only its not on soundcloud) is all Quick Rod
Clarity = mkIv, powerball and JCM800 CMII

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

It was a bit different than I was expecting (something like Slayer). It sounds great. I like the variety and vocal style, as well. cool.gif

I tried to do a thrash album but could not keep a band together. It's part of the reason I called it tOCK...(Like clockwork) because fake drums and my thrash just never sounded right.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

It was a bit different than I was expecting (something like Slayer). It sounds great. I like the variety and vocal style, as well. cool.gif

I tried to do a thrash album but could not keep a band together. It's part of the reason I called it tOCK...(Like clockwork) because fake drums and my thrash just never sounded right.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by draelyc View Post
Man, I really need you to teach me how to get my solo project to sound this professional (aside from the whole talent/performance side of things, which I can't do much about, lol!)!!!
I think the biggest impact (apart from putting hours into it) was a bargain thread on KVR audio. I scored a lot of cool plugs/software for cheap:

Heavily used software:

Soundtoys devil lok (vocals), rob pappen delay (vocals), breverb (some vox/most instruments), Waves One Knob (yeah I know), nomad mowtown bundle EQ, crysonic SPECTRAPHY V2 for loudness. Most of which cost me around $20 each (apart from the waves stuff) but they have not been on sale since.

Synths: Razor, Zeta, Massive, pentagon

Instruments: Steven Slate drums 4 platinum, Kontakt 4, Battery 3, miroslov

For guitars I stopped moving the mic around the speaker looking for a sweet spot. Nearly everything was mic'd sm57 direct center about 3 inches from the cone on a g12t-75. And on these tracks was a smidge of breverb to make it sound like a room (it was recorded in a dead room) I put breverb on the bass too.

The bass was cobalt hybrid slinky strings into a Sansamp bass driver pedal with some VST eq/compression/tube emulation.

Archived