CyberPower PC Black Pearl I am considering buying

kooter82

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kooter82 View Post
I'm about medium technical right now. lol

I understand where both of you are coming from.

If, hypothetically speaking, I asked you to build the system for me, what would the price you could build that exact system for? Do you think that I am getting seriously boned out of 1000 dollars for that rig? Why not get the top of the line stuff, if I can afford it? Isn't it just going to be that much more compatible in the future?

I'm looking ahead....not just whats suitable for now.
You're not blowing 1000 dollars. They're a builder (and get discounts on parts) and their price is fair. What we're saying is that the difference between a 1500 dollar system and a 2500 dollar system is 5 percent performance. It's like in the guitar world- is a Blackmachine really 4 thousand dollars better than a Prestige Ibanez?

If you've got the money, that's gonna be a monster rig that will chew up and spit out every single thing that you can throw at it. It's a waste of money IMO (my last rig cost me 900 dollars total, and it plays everything maxed out at 120+fps), but if you want to, I'll be mad jelly. smile.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the case selected, and watercooling is a recipe for disaster if you're not an enthusiast. fitting corrodes? Bolt loosens over time? Gasket breaks? Kiss your pc goodbye.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm about medium technical right now. lol

I understand where both of you are coming from.

If, hypothetically speaking, I asked you to build the system for me, what would the price you could build that exact system for? Do you think that I am getting seriously boned out of 1000 dollars for that rig? Why not get the top of the line stuff, if I can afford it? Isn't it just going to be that much more compatible in the future?

I'm looking ahead....not just whats suitable for now.
You're not blowing 1000 dollars. They're a builder (and get discounts on parts) and their price is fair. What we're saying is that the difference between a 1500 dollar system and a 2500 dollar system is 5 percent performance. It's like in the guitar world- is a Blackmachine really 4 thousand dollars better than a Prestige Ibanez?

If you've got the money, that's gonna be a monster rig that will chew up and spit out every single thing that you can throw at it. It's a waste of money IMO (my last rig cost me 900 dollars total, and it plays everything maxed out at 120+fps), but if you want to, I'll be mad jelly. smile.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the case selected, and watercooling is a recipe for disaster if you're not an enthusiast. fitting corrodes? Bolt loosens over time? Gasket breaks? Kiss your pc goodbye.

• Members

the rig im on now cost me 950, built it myself, and it runs everything i throw at it without a hitch. i5 2400, 8 gigs of ram, hd 6850 video card. if i got a second card, or upgraded my current, i could more than likely run any game on the full settings and have no problems whatsoever. as it is, i run almost full settings and still never drop below 60 fps, which is fine with me.

no OCing needed (components run faster than hell anyway now...3.1Ghz and 4 cores? why should i need to OC? LOL). and strictly air cooled. i have no need for liquid cooling, its more a gimmick IMO. the only time i had heat related problems was when i neglected to clean the side fan and my graphics card was getting unhappy.

if you want to spend the money, go ahead. but as was stated, you can build a PC that is 95% of the performance for MUCH less. and it will still run everything you throw at it for a while. but its your cash! and its not hard to build it yourself, its mainly just sticking parts in the case and plugging them in. but take your time and route the wires to make it clean, know what i mean?

• Members

the rig im on now cost me 950, built it myself, and it runs everything i throw at it without a hitch. i5 2400, 8 gigs of ram, hd 6850 video card. if i got a second card, or upgraded my current, i could more than likely run any game on the full settings and have no problems whatsoever. as it is, i run almost full settings and still never drop below 60 fps, which is fine with me.

no OCing needed (components run faster than hell anyway now...3.1Ghz and 4 cores? why should i need to OC? LOL). and strictly air cooled. i have no need for liquid cooling, its more a gimmick IMO. the only time i had heat related problems was when i neglected to clean the side fan and my graphics card was getting unhappy.

if you want to spend the money, go ahead. but as was stated, you can build a PC that is 95% of the performance for MUCH less. and it will still run everything you throw at it for a while. but its your cash! and its not hard to build it yourself, its mainly just sticking parts in the case and plugging them in. but take your time and route the wires to make it clean, know what i mean?

• Members

1. 32GB of RAM lol
2. That case is an abomination...but as long as you like it, go nuts.
3. Would not buy from CyberPower. They may be inexpensive, but I can't recall seeing a single person saying anything good about them. Source the parts and build it yourself if possible.

• Members

1. 32GB of RAM lol
2. That case is an abomination...but as long as you like it, go nuts.
3. Would not buy from CyberPower. They may be inexpensive, but I can't recall seeing a single person saying anything good about them. Source the parts and build it yourself if possible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179

View Post

I'd +1 on a Cosmos II if it's an option, it's a fantastic, sturdy, quiet case with tons of options. I'm in a HAF X right now and my next case will be a Cosmos II.

I have the original Cosmos and I see no reason to ever change cases...ever. It is built like a tank, quiet, easy to work on. Honestly, it is perfect.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179

View Post

I'd +1 on a Cosmos II if it's an option, it's a fantastic, sturdy, quiet case with tons of options. I'm in a HAF X right now and my next case will be a Cosmos II.

I have the original Cosmos and I see no reason to ever change cases...ever. It is built like a tank, quiet, easy to work on. Honestly, it is perfect.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
If you like wasting money, go for it.
Here's one simple example of how OP is paying too much:

The base video card for that model is the GTX 650, looking on Tiger Direct a middle-of-the-road model of that card will run about $120. The premium for the HD 7970 is $280, so he's paying $400 for the video card.

Literally JUST YESTERDAY I bought an HD 7970 from Tiger Direct, I bought an XFX Double D, it has a lifetime warranty unlike a lot of the other cards and from what I can tell is one of the highest regarded brands for buying a Radeon card. I paid $379 for it and get $60 in rebates, so I effectively paid $319 for it.

That's just one component.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
If you like wasting money, go for it.
Here's one simple example of how OP is paying too much:

The base video card for that model is the GTX 650, looking on Tiger Direct a middle-of-the-road model of that card will run about $120. The premium for the HD 7970 is $280, so he's paying $400 for the video card.

Literally JUST YESTERDAY I bought an HD 7970 from Tiger Direct, I bought an XFX Double D, it has a lifetime warranty unlike a lot of the other cards and from what I can tell is one of the highest regarded brands for buying a Radeon card. I paid $379 for it and get $60 in rebates, so I effectively paid $319 for it.

That's just one component.

• Members

Yup, I called them. Just now.

That was an absolutely horrible experience. The sales guy couldnt answer a fuckin question I had for him. I mentioned alot of what you guys have been saying in this thread about the computer. And all I got was a lot of um's, ah's and I dont knows.

I was asking him about the possiblity of upgrading the sound card to have front input plug ins and he said it would be possible to upgrade to the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion PCIe Sound Card, for 200 bucks. I just went on newegg and found it for 99. facepalm.gif

I'm beginning to see the light I think. I heart you guys.

• Members

That was an absolutely horrible experience. The sales guy couldnt answer a fuckin question I had for him. I mentioned alot of what you guys have been saying in this thread about the computer. And all I got was a lot of um's, ah's and I dont knows.

I was asking him about the possiblity of upgrading the sound card to have front input plug ins and he said it would be possible to upgrade to the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion PCIe Sound Card, for 200 bucks. I just went on newegg and found it for 99. facepalm.gif

• Members

Yeah, it is really worth the little effort it takes to do it yourself. Google search lifehacker. His website has a ton of tutorials for building your own PC. Literally it is like Legos.

• Members

Yeah, it is really worth the little effort it takes to do it yourself. Google search lifehacker. His website has a ton of tutorials for building your own PC. Literally it is like Legos.

• Members

SO, with that said.

What would you recommend for a complete computer for my needs and they are as follows:
Must be able to run current games (ie, FPS's mostly)
Recording and editing music
Doing a little video editing (nothing too crazy)
And (in the future) web design.

Thanks for all the help, for real.

• Members

SO, with that said.

What would you recommend for a complete computer for my needs and they are as follows:

• Members
SO, with that said.

Go to NewEgg and build your own. Not very difficult and you end up with exactly what you want plus you don't have any proprietary parts in it so if something fails down the road it's generally and easy fix.

Archived