CyberPower PC Black Pearl I am considering buying

kooter82

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179

View Post

Kooter, I'd buy a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ CPU cooler- the stock Intel one is kinda garbage.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...er%20212%20evo

I'd suggest you pick up another 120mm fan so you can snap it onto the 212+ and use it as push-pull. The HAF X should come with all the fans you need- you can add an additional 200mm fan on the top should you so desire.

I also don't know if you really need the sound card, unless you're looking to do dolby/dts to a home theatre.

Also, I don't see an Operating System.

I totally agree with the 212+. Fantastic cooler.

And Kooter, great rig you are building. I am a fan of Gigabyte boards and that is a pretty darned good one.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by kooter82

View Post

Right on. I added the 212+. Whats another 120mm you suggest?

I did remove the sound card as well, I'm not gonna be doing any home theatre type stuff.

I'm either gonna do windows 8 or 7. I'm not sure. I haven't really messed with 8 much, well, 7 too. Is the new windows worth it?

Any 120mm fan is fine. I bought a Coolermaster one at Frys because it was $10.

W7 is an amazing piece of software. W8 didn't impress me and mainly was the same thing as 7 with a tablet interface over it. W7 is the new XP.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kooter82

View Post

Right on. I added the 212+. Whats another 120mm you suggest?

I did remove the sound card as well, I'm not gonna be doing any home theatre type stuff.

I'm either gonna do windows 8 or 7. I'm not sure. I haven't really messed with 8 much, well, 7 too. Is the new windows worth it?

Any 120mm fan is fine. I bought a Coolermaster one at Frys because it was $10.

W7 is an amazing piece of software. W8 didn't impress me and mainly was the same thing as 7 with a tablet interface over it. W7 is the new XP.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

And Kooter, great rig you are building. I am a fan of Gigabyte boards and that is a pretty darned good one.

Yah, I was reading up on it.

Is there any suggestions you can make to anything I got or need?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

Yah, I was reading up on it.

Is there any suggestions you can make to anything I got or need?

• Members

Well, the 6 series stuff is remarkably power efficient for their processing power. If you're gonna add a second video card at some point it may be better to have the extra hundred watts. They're both 80+ Gold, so if you're gonna stay with the 680 (a completely reasonable choice), you may as well save the 80 bucks.

• Members

Well, the 6 series stuff is remarkably power efficient for their processing power. If you're gonna add a second video card at some point it may be better to have the extra hundred watts. They're both 80+ Gold, so if you're gonna stay with the 680 (a completely reasonable choice), you may as well save the 80 bucks.

Archived