Dream Theater: What do you have, and do you like it?

BerkleeBill

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think i have an images and words cassette somewhere haha such a brutally corny album
Really on point for the era as far as being cheesy as possible goes whereas the newer material is straying into nu-metal kinda stuff a bit isnt it?

Just tough to stomach IMO
True inspiration for rocker dads with 'cool' hair and aspirations of having a well followed youtube channel of guitar solos over backing tracks they sell on their own internet-site im sure

• Members

I think i have an images and words cassette somewhere haha such a brutally corny album
Really on point for the era as far as being cheesy as possible goes whereas the newer material is straying into nu-metal kinda stuff a bit isnt it?

Just tough to stomach IMO
True inspiration for rocker dads with 'cool' hair and aspirations of having a well followed youtube channel of guitar solos over backing tracks they sell on their own internet-site im sure

• Members

I have:

Images and Words
Live at the Marquee
Awake
A Change of Seasons
Falling Into Infinity
Scenes From a Memory
Through Her Eyes
Live Scenes From New York
Train of Thought
Octavarium
Black Clouds & Silver Linings

I've been a fan since ACOS, love them all and yes, despite my fanboyism, I can understand how some people don't digest the extended instrumental parts, or some of Rudess's mindless solos or LaBrie's live voice.

• Members

I have:

Images and Words
Live at the Marquee
Awake
A Change of Seasons
Falling Into Infinity
Scenes From a Memory
Through Her Eyes
Train of Thought
Octavarium

I've been a fan since ACOS, love them all and yes, despite my fanboyism, I can understand how some people don't digest the extended instrumental parts, or some of Rudess's mindless solos or LaBrie's live voice.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by danut View Post
I have:

Images and Words
Live at the Marquee
Awake
A Change of Seasons
Falling Into Infinity
Scenes From a Memory
Through Her Eyes
Train of Thought
Octavarium

Some? freak.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by danut View Post
I have:

Images and Words
Live at the Marquee
Awake
A Change of Seasons
Falling Into Infinity
Scenes From a Memory
Through Her Eyes
Train of Thought
Octavarium

Some? freak.gif

• Members

I have everything.

I like everything they did before 6 Degrees, with a few select songs here and there in their "newer" catalog. All of the stuff they have put out since then seems to be them trying to playing faster/harder/more complicated just for the sake of doing it. The older stuff had much better song writing IMO.

Once Portnoy really started taking the reigns and doing things his way I just lost interest. At one point he was a great, cutting edge drummer. Now he just repeats himself over and over. It's testing to listen to him. I'm glad Mangini is in the band now. Also, they would have REALLY benefited from getting an outside producer. Portnoy and Petrucci did a nice job, but some outside influence might have been a good thing.

• Members

I have everything.

I like everything they did before 6 Degrees, with a few select songs here and there in their "newer" catalog. All of the stuff they have put out since then seems to be them trying to playing faster/harder/more complicated just for the sake of doing it. The older stuff had much better song writing IMO.

Once Portnoy really started taking the reigns and doing things his way I just lost interest. At one point he was a great, cutting edge drummer. Now he just repeats himself over and over. It's testing to listen to him. I'm glad Mangini is in the band now. Also, they would have REALLY benefited from getting an outside producer. Portnoy and Petrucci did a nice job, but some outside influence might have been a good thing.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kardula View Post
I own none. I tried to get into them but I couldn't.
That.

But they are huge Rush fans, and I dig a couple Rush covers. I also like the covers with Portnay and Paul Gilbert in Cygnus & the Sea Monsters, though the range sometimes seems just a bit of a stretch for the vocalist. cool.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kardula View Post
I own none. I tried to get into them but I couldn't.
That.

But they are huge Rush fans, and I dig a couple Rush covers. I also like the covers with Portnay and Paul Gilbert in Cygnus & the Sea Monsters, though the range sometimes seems just a bit of a stretch for the vocalist. cool.gif

Archived