Best PS3 game?

Hessian3

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux

View Post

Which wheel do you have, and does it have force feedback??? I've been playing Forza 4 with the official Xbox wheel (now discontinued) and it's a {censored}ing BLAST!!!

I have the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Not as nice as the G27, but it does have force feedback. I wish it worked on my Xbox too, forza 4 and horizon would be way better too cry.gif

That being said, the xbox controller is not bad for racing games, and WAY better than the PS3 controller period. My hands cramp up after like 20 minutes of using the standard PS3 controller.

• Members

View Post

Which wheel do you have, and does it have force feedback??? I've been playing Forza 4 with the official Xbox wheel (now discontinued) and it's a {censored}ing BLAST!!!

I have the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Not as nice as the G27, but it does have force feedback. I wish it worked on my Xbox too, forza 4 and horizon would be way better too cry.gif

That being said, the xbox controller is not bad for racing games, and WAY better than the PS3 controller period. My hands cramp up after like 20 minutes of using the standard PS3 controller.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest

View Post

I have no issues with the PS3 controller other than the sticks being mushroom shaped instead of cupped. I've been trying to find one of the original XBox 360 wheels used, but everyone wants well over what they were selling for when they were new eek.gif

If I did have the extra cash, I'd already have a Fanatec wheel with all the trimmings. I have this crazy idea of going to the junk yard and getting one of those rice-racer seats (because you know there are a {censored}ton of those things crashed and in junk yards now!!), unbolt the entire thing from the floorboard (rails and all) and welding together a racing enclosure with the wheel, pedals and stick shift all mounted. Put that {censored}er on casters so I can wheel it in and out of my spare room when I want to play...

Yeah, I really need that cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest

View Post

I have no issues with the PS3 controller other than the sticks being mushroom shaped instead of cupped. I've been trying to find one of the original XBox 360 wheels used, but everyone wants well over what they were selling for when they were new eek.gif

If I did have the extra cash, I'd already have a Fanatec wheel with all the trimmings. I have this crazy idea of going to the junk yard and getting one of those rice-racer seats (because you know there are a {censored}ton of those things crashed and in junk yards now!!), unbolt the entire thing from the floorboard (rails and all) and welding together a racing enclosure with the wheel, pedals and stick shift all mounted. Put that {censored}er on casters so I can wheel it in and out of my spare room when I want to play...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59

View Post

Online is where it's at.

Admittedly I've never actually tried GT5 online, just based on previous experience that there are too many {censored}wits online in anything but serious sim games for me to bother. Hell, even in iRacing you'll come across drivers that make you wonder why they're paying if they just want to be knobheads. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59

View Post

Online is where it's at.

Admittedly I've never actually tried GT5 online, just based on previous experience that there are too many {censored}wits online in anything but serious sim games for me to bother. Hell, even in iRacing you'll come across drivers that make you wonder why they're paying if they just want to be knobheads. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

View Post

I'd love to have something like this, but I don't have room for it. Ideally I'd prefer something in more of an F1 seating position, rather than a touring car style thing I guess, but anything would be an improvement on a wheel stand in front of the couch. icon_lol.gif

I've thought about building my own sequential shifter (and maybe add some more buttons for all the bias, roll bar, etc. adjustments) to use with iRacing, particularly for the V8s. Using the paddles doesn't feel right. A nice big shifter with a decent bit of resistance in it would be nice. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNight Warrior

View Post

Well, unless like me you've got no interest at all in games like that. idn_smilie.gif

I'm glad I'm able to enjoy a range of games. I'm currently rotating Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed III, Forza 4 and Fifa 13. I put in over 170 hours into Skyrim on a single character. I can't imagine how good I'd be at guitar if I would practice half as much as I played Skyrim!!!

• Members

View Post

I'm glad I'm able to enjoy a range of games. I'm currently rotating Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed III, Forza 4 and Fifa 13. I put in over 170 hours into Skyrim on a single character. I can't imagine how good I'd be at guitar if I would practice half as much as I played Skyrim!!!

Yeah, unless you've been playing it for feckin' ages, 170 seems pretty nuts to me. Wouldn't want to and wouldn't have the time to put that kind of time into a game. As you said, imagine half that time put into guitar playing... that's what I'd rather be doing. idn_smilie.gif

I borrowed Oblivion from a friend ages ago coz he kept going on about how I had to play it. After however many hours over a couple of weeks I just thought, "WTF am I doing? Just hours of running about doing pointless bull{censored}. confused.gif" Gave it back after that. I like Jap RPGs, but these days tend to go more for games that I can pick up here and there without having to put {censored}loads of time in. One reason I like racing games, coz provided I don't go so long that my skills go completely rusty, I can just jump on every now and then and do race. After a good hour + of 100% concentration, my brain's pretty much fried anyway, not to mention my wrists 'n' forearms will be mangled. Although going back to F1 after ages of only playing GT5 took quite a bit of re-learning. redface.gif

• Members

I guess that's part of it...either you enjoy the relative pointlessness of it, or you don't. I didn't think I'd get into so much, but yeah, I did.

I'm also like you where I like to be able to play for a short time and put it away. That's why I enjoy the racing and football games.

I'm not a big FPS player. I've played most of the COD/MW games, but I can only focus on them for about an hour at a time before my head starts to hurt from sensory overload. I'm not big into playing shooting games online either...

BTW, for the OP - I recommend all the God Of War games, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank. Most of the rest of the good games are multi-platform so there's no exclusivity to them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by decode6

View Post

I put racing games in the same class as Madden: it's about as mindless as it gets. If I wanted flash and no substance I'd blow stuff up. icon_lol.gif

Well it depends what kind of racing game we're talking about. If you're playing Burnout or ModNation or something, yeah that's pretty mindless. If you're playing something a bit more sim-like with a proper wheel setup, it's a bit of a different story. I've never had to concentrate as much in any "blow stuff up" game as I do in a decent more realistic racer where right up til the finish line one slight {censored} up in an hour + race can take you out of it entirely.

Speaking of which, I had a {censored}load of fun with Burnout Paradise (although I have it on 360, not PS3). biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNight Warrior

View Post

Archived