Jet Setters!! Help me compile a list of all pedals that will work w/ JCA/Soldano loop

guitarbilly74

• Members

Hey guys,

I wanted to start a thread where we can have a "master" list of all pedals are are known to work through a JCA/Soldano loop. Just to keep it as a reference for Soldano and JCA users/prospective buyers looking to use pedals through the amp's loop. I guess we could also include floor mutli-effects, but no rack as we already know they work. This is what I have so far:

Modulation:
Eventide Mod Factor
Eventide Pitch Factor
TC Nova Modulator
TC Vortex Flanger
TC Shaker Vibrato
TC Corona Chorus
TC SCF Stereo Chorus Flanger

Delay:
Hardwire Delay
TC Nova Delay
TC Nova Repeater Delay
TC Flashback
Boss DD-20
Tech 21 D.L.A/boost
Eventide Time Factor

Reverb:
Hardwire Reverb
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Blue Sky Reverb
TC Nova Reverb
Eventide Space
Tech 21 RVB

Floor Multi effects:
TC Nova System
Line 6 M9
Boss GT8

Volume Pedals:
EB VP Jr (for passive pickups)
Boss FV300L

EQ:
MXR 10-band
Boss GE-7

All these pedals have been already tried by either me or other forumites and they work. If you are using something different, please post it here and I will edit this post and add to the master list.

Thanks folks thumb.gifsmile.gif

EDIT: This is list only for effects that have been tested through the loop. If you "think" something would work, post here so somebody can give it a try but it won't make to the list until it has been tested IRL or the manufacturer's specs clearly states it works.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy View Post
And since the TC Nova Delay works, the TC Nova Modulator should work too.
I'm not sure. Take the Hardwire line for example, the Delay and Verb work, but the chorus does not.

If someone could please test a Nova Modulator through the loop, that would be great thumb.gif

• Members

Somebody got the hardwire delay and reverb to work properly in there on both channels? confused.gif

I couldn't, had to add a loop send level control because there was a big difference in effect level between clean and OD and the clean channel hit the pedals too hard so I had some clipping. That loop is designed around rack gear which usually either has an input level control, is designed to work at line level or both. Stock you're going to have to compromise between channels at best or mod it if you want to run pedals, at least the ones I've tried. The hardwire stuff is some of the best for handling high input signals and they didn't work for me. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
Somebody got the hardwire delay and reverb to work properly in there on both channels? confused.gif

I couldn't, had to add a loop send level control because there was a big difference in effect level between clean and OD and the clean channel hit the pedals too hard so I had some clipping. That loop is designed around rack gear which usually either has an input level control, is designed to work at line level or both. Stock you're going to have to compromise between channels at best or mod it if you want to run pedals, at least the ones I've tried. The hardwire stuff is some of the best for handling high input signals and they didn't work for me. idn_smilie.gif
That's so weird. they work great in both the 100h and 22h confused.gif

• Members

is this just because of hte line level loops? someone should compile a list for effects that also have kill dry functions (most on this list already have) for the poor souls with line level AND parallel loops

anyways...may as well add this (which i dont think a lot of people know about)
EbtechLLS2LineLevelShifter.jpg

or a simple DI box inbetween each send/return, in/out set to pad/lift the signals
ART-PDB.jpg?ts=1286837850

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post

The hardwire reverb worked for me with my HDM.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HungPhat View Post
is this just because of hte line level loops? someone should compile a list for effects that also have kill dry functions (most on this list already have) for the poor souls with line level AND parallel loops

anyways...may as well add this (which i dont think a lot of people know about)
EbtechLLS2LineLevelShifter.jpg

or a simple DI box inbetween each send/return, in/out set to pad/lift the signals
ART-PDB.jpg?ts=1286837850
I tried the Level Shifter and it works but it sucks tone big time.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by koen77 View Post
would like to know if an m9 works in the loop. I will investigate myself.
I tried to use an M9 with my RM100, which also has a loop designed for rack effects. M9 sounded horrible. The bypass sucked so much tone, even in true bypass mode.

I use an M9 now with a loop designed for pedals and its transparent

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
really? what are the characteristics of "sicks tone big time"?
is this when the fx is on/off/all the time?

im just curious as my JCA20 has no loop and curious why people are having so much dramas with the ones that do. ive had my share of battles with my framus loop (0db line level + parallel) which ive now solved thanks to the eventide timefactor(especially after the latest V3 update)

is the jet city loop parallel or series? if it was parallel id dare say the "tone suck" could be caused due to phase cancellations when the pedal in the loop is OFF
i would be keen on knowing more info on the specs of the JCA fx loop
ie where is the actual placement of the fx loop in terms of the amps gain stage design?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I had the same experience with the Ebtech Line Level Shifter and my JCA-100H. Bummer, I had high hopes for it.

Archived