Jet Setters!! Help me compile a list of all pedals that will work w/ JCA/Soldano loop

guitarbilly74

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I am using the TC Nova Repeater, it's cheaper than the MXR ($129) and way more versatile. That would be my recommendation.

I second that recommendation. It's a great pedal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now, I don't know if they changed the loop in the JCA22H or what, but mine works fine with my Digitech RP1000 in the amp loop. Also, the return is after the master volumes, which is a bit of a pain in the ass, and the tone controls have no effect with the preamp bypassed....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro

View Post

Now, I don't know if they changed the loop in the JCA22H or what,

I thought this is what Doug might have been referring to when talking about the loop on this model but am not sure. I emailed him about it and never heard back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by jds22 View Post
Interesting.

I tried a JCA5012 combo over the weekend and liked it but am concerned about the loop. I wonder if the 22 would be a better choice for me.
IMHO, it would be easier for me to simply get pedals that work with my 50w loop, than to try to compensate with an amp that would be underpowered for my needs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

IMHO, it would be easier for me to simply get pedals that work with my 50w loop, than to try to compensate with an amp that would be underpowered for my needs.

Probably true. I think the only pedals I might want in the loop would be a delay and possibly a chorus.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jds22 View Post
Probably true. I think the only pedals I might want in the loop would be a delay and possibly a chorus.
Chorus sounds great in front of the JCA, even with distortion. I use mine in front of the amp all the time and it's killer for cleans and Zakk-style leads cool.gif

The only thing I really need through the loop is a delay. Reverb would go through the loop too, but I don't use one.

Archived