Jet Setters!! Help me compile a list of all pedals that will work w/ JCA/Soldano loop

guitarbilly74

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by jds22 View Post
Might have to jump on the 50 then.

I found a JCA5012 with depth mod for $595 over the weekend.

Are you using the Ibanez CS9 chorus?
Yes I am, it's the probably the best sounding analog chorus in its price range. The tone is extremely warm and organic and it's super simple to use. I definitely recommend this pedal over any other analog chorus under $150. I use in front of the amp and it sounds fantastic, both with the JCA and the Randall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

whoa, that's cool!!! I did not know that.

Addendum: I've since found that the CC in the loop throws a dark blanket over the tone. It's not a bad thing, but it's a pretty drastic change if you're not prepared for it. I'd been running the CC pretty much non-stop in the loop, and I'd grown accustomed to its organic, spongy sound. I've since moved the CC back into the amp's front end, and it's resolved the bright/dark issue. That said, the CC works in the loop; it's just murky.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gwimlock

View Post

Addendum: I've since found that the CC in the loop throws a dark blanket over the tone. It's not a bad thing, but it's a pretty drastic change if you're not prepared for it. I'd been running the CC pretty much non-stop in the loop, and I'd grown accustomed to its organic, spongy sound. I've since moved the CC back into the amp's front end, and it's resolved the bright/dark issue. That said, the CC works in the loop; it's just murky.

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. The CC is such a great sounding pedal.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just found another solution, even though it's a little bulky for pedalboards unless you can hide it underneath the deck: Soundcraft Notepad 102 mixer. MF has it on sale now for $50 w/free shipping. You use the Aux loop on the mixer for the pedal loop. Plus, now the loop becomes in essence a parallel loop, because you can blend the effects signal (with the Aux return control) with the dry signal. AND, you could control the amount of blend on the fly by just putting a volume pedal first in line. It'd only take a few minutes to level match and you're up and running.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JBTubehead

View Post

Here's the manual for the Morely unit. It looks interesting. There's only one thing that I see a little questionable about it; no capability to vary the signal levels beyond what the step-up and step-down transformers do inside the box. But, maybe they're set close enough?

They're set to -10/+4 to work with standard for instrument and line levels.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived