Post your rare guitars/amps!

peavey_impact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All right.

I've got a factory HB loaded Tobacco Burst 1975 LP STD. The only thing is Gibson didn't make Standards as a production guitar in that year, and the only model they offered in Tobacco Burst that year was the Deluxe. Now they would make custom orders, so I'm guessing that's what happened in this ones case.

IMG_0481.jpg

Then there's this. I know Vikings aren't the rarest guitar in the world, but I've never seen a gold-flake one with vibrato. The guitar plays like a dream too.

IMG_0776.jpg

Rare amp, well it's the only one I've ever seen like it, though I'm sure they're probably a bit more common on the other side of the pond.

505.jpg

It's a KMD XV100SD. It was their top of the line amp. Handmade in England, and think a smoother warmer JCM 900 with no diode clipping and a couple more tube gain stages. It's a nice amp, good cleans and great rock crunch. With a boost it's well into metal territory.

• Members

Tobias 6 string electric. Apparently, years ago, Michael Tobias sold the company to Gibson and they moved production to Tennessee. They started making Electric guitars in addition to basses. Mine was number 46. Assymetrical neck, just awesome all around. Sadly, I grew out of the single coil sound for a while & sold it for half what I paid for it. I miss it to this day.....

He has, I believe, re-acquired the company.

DSCN0087.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

DSCN0089.JPG

DSCN0092.JPG

DSCN0093.JPG

• Members

Tobias 6 string electric. Apparently, years ago, Michael Tobias sold the company to Gibson and they moved production to Tennessee. They started making Electric guitars in addition to basses. Mine was number 46. Assymetrical neck, just awesome all around. Sadly, I grew out of the single coil sound for a while & sold it for half what I paid for it. I miss it to this day.....

He has, I believe, re-acquired the company.

DSCN0087.JPG
DSCN0088.JPG
DSCN0089.JPG
DSCN0092.JPG
DSCN0093.JPG

Shame you let it go. :cry:

• Members

Don't have pics of many of the guitars....

The rarest in the group would probably be the 1973 Yamaha SG-85, hand built pre-Daion Yamaki acoustic, Gibson Les Paul Standard Raw Power Limited Edition, and a 4 digit serial Hamer Standard, which I flipped for the Les Paul (Explorers aren't my thing).

Amps:

Bruce Egnater built Natec branded modular preamp. This is THE prototype for everything modular Bruce has done...the very first (and probably only) one ever built, and the preamp that lauched Bruce's forays into modular stuff (Rocktron, Randall, Egnater, etc.). Have no idea of value of this, as this is the only one in existence that we're aware of.

natec002.jpg

Custom built amp made for jazz guitarist Steve Blailock:

BlailockAmp001.jpg

Grainy old picture of my MIJ Iron Maiden strat:

Maiden1.jpg

• Members
  • Members

this thread has me salivating BADLY

My "rarest", which is not really rare, but still you dont see them that oftem (the finish, that is)

40893_420442947492_502687492_5240429_187

better detail of the finish

179674_485538982492_502687492_6418064_21

Man, put a TOM and stop tail piece on that bitch and I would rock it like a mother {censored}er.

Reminds me of one of my favorite astronomical artist renderings.

black%20hole.jpg

I used it on a cover for a report on how black holes govern galactic growth and life span in my Intro Astronomy course.

• Members

Man, put a TOM and stop tail piece on that bitch and I would rock it like a mother {censored}er.

Reminds me of one of my favorite astronomical artist renderings.

black%20hole.jpg

I used it on a cover for a report on how black holes govern galactic growth and life span in my Intro Astronomy course.

yea... i have been on the quest to find a RR (1,3,5 or 24) with a TOM but with this same finish... i prefer toms to floyds

• Members

63" Gibson Ga-200 piggyback.

Originally a bassman-like amp but designed to run clean like a twin reverb. Had it rewired to have more gain.

Even though I have problems with arcing at the moment, there's some magic about this amp and I think it's due to the very musical and warm sounding transformers.

3741577310_6c29a01263_b.jpg

Archived